I'm still in the game.

MarceloF

Jun 2, 2017
Hey guys, I just wanted to say a quick hello.

I have not posted in a while because I have been concentrating in my studies and training. I'm taking an EMT class at the moment (almost done) and hiking in preparation for the upcoming fire season. Hopefully I'll be working with a Wildland fire crew this summer.

I had a lot of fun on my first hunting season last year hunting quails and rabbits. I'm Looking forward to go on my deer and bear hunting this year and trying out for pheasants...last year I missed out on these birds.

Well, time to go to class now...I'll be stopping by more often now as class is winding down.

have a good one and be safe out there.

P.S. my hiking game is sharp now...ready to carry lots of meat out of the mountains! :)

Marcelo

Welcome back. With EMT training and hiking stamina you could be a valuable hunting partner for many on this site.

Reactions: MarceloF
A lot of wildland guys hunt too.. may meet some hunting partners from that.
Aparently there is one crew Captain who's a serious hunter and has all kinds of trophies at his house but I have not talked to him about it. There is a crew member that hunts but just like me is starting out. I'm done with EMT school next week and can't wait to go on some scouting hikes...

Reactions: Moves
Hey guys. I'm ba-ack :) I know it's been a while since I posted last here. I finished the EMT class and have been pretty busy working with the wildland crew. We had some long assignments and did a lot of good work.
I'm in top hiking shape but did not have a chance to do a lot of scouting. In the last few weeks I have been surfing a lot and hunting rabbits with my son...going on a lobster dive tonight.
I got a new Rugger 10-22 and getting rabbits with that is super challenging but fun, not to count that there is a lot more meat leaf on the bunnies. I got my D-13 tag for deer and a bear tag and will be going on a scouting trip tomorrow. I have been catching up with my reading on the forum as well.
Looking forward for opening day next week, is anyone is willing to let me tag along this season, I'd be really grateful and willing to carry a lot of weight on my back. ;-)

Thanks,
Marcelo

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu