Insulated boots

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
Looking for a insulated boot for this year with the possibility of a couple cold hunts. I prefer to stay under 8” tall. What do you guys use, also any experience with this Crispi boot?

Attachments

• 7FE20D59-96F6-4B5B-AD23-62A63F6B9336.png
    7FE20D59-96F6-4B5B-AD23-62A63F6B9336.png
    540.7 KB · Views: 26
Have never seen the need for insulated boots in the southwest. Go north to Montana or someplace like that it's another story. If pack boots are what you are looking for I would recommend Schnee's. Otherwise look at Kennetrek's. Both should be worn with gaiters if you are in snow..

Last edited:
Last year I hunted Ca and the low was 12 degrees, Utah which I may draw this year is normally I’m the teens in the morning…
Have never seen the need for insulate dbots in the souhtwest. Go nrth to Montana its another story.

You gotta figure out what your body needs, It's different for everyone. 12 degree's in New Mexico when the weather come's up later in the a.m is different than Canada when temp's don't change all day as well as your level of activity. Sit still all day you need more , move all day not so much..

Reactions: sportyg
I have a pair of the Danner Alsea's with 400 gram insulation. Hands down the most comfortable boot outta the box ive ever worn and i wear boots daily. Insulation would be a lot in warmer temps but ive hiked miles in them with my girl on 65 degree days with no discomfort except for a being a little warm. Havent used them in the teens so i cant speak to that, but i do LOVE these boots.

Crispi's are the way to go Chris. I have 2 pairs (Nevada Insulated and the Summit non-insulated). Owned Kenetrek, Russell and others. I prefer the Crispi's hands down. Like a slipper from day one. And you compromise nothing regarding stability and traction.

Most of my friends have made the switch as well. Hard to beat the performance and day one comfort!

I just bought my second pair of Schnee Beartooths on their winter sale. My first pair is uninsulated and my feet would get cold after resting in teens for extended time periods.

My new pair I got a half size bigger with 200g of insolate. That should be plenty for me for below 0 with a thick pair of wool socks.

EDIT: I have heard nothing but great things on Crispi's, you cannot go wrong!

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICER
Crispi's are the way to go Chris. I have 2 pairs (Nevada Insulated and the Summit non-insulated). Owned Kenetrek, Russell and others. I prefer the Crispi's hands down. Like a slipper from day one. And you compromise nothing regarding stability and traction.

Most of my friends have made the switch as well. Hard to beat the performance and day one comfort!
Good boot's for sure and I will try a pair at some point in time but not rebuildable and that is something to be considered from what I have researched when you look at cost's, my Kennetreks have gotten better the more I have used them over the year's. I have rebuilt them three times so far and they just get more comfortable as time goes by. (Note - both boots are built in Italy where for years the best boots have come from) I wear them every day as I walk on broken ground on my property. Kennetek's are boot's that break in and learn you're foot and can make a difference over the years especially when you pay mega dollars for off road foot shoes and cannot afford the high cost of new boots seasonally if you are putting in big miles. That's been my experience and my journey so far.. Btw I wear Schnee's slip on's at my dog kennel every day, got both slip on's non insulated and insulated as well as pack boots, get's it done done day to day in the dog kennel environment I live in.

Reactions: TRICER
Being in So Cal its had to try on a boot like the ones we need for hunts in cold temps to make sure they fit. I went with the Lowa Tibets and ordered them from REI that way they send them to the closest store and if they didn't fit they would just send them back and get a different size. I don't know if the other brands will do this after sending them to your house but that's what I did. The uninsulated Lowas work for most of what I do but I do wish I had the insulated ones on the cold hunts.

I’m not sure what it is, but my feet are always freezing while sitting in a tree or on the ground for turkey. I love my Lowa Renegades but I have also been on the hunt for a warm boot. Let us know how you like the Crispi boots.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu