Is this a good spot

I've seen a ton of huge bucks sitting under oaks around Lake Cachuma. Never hunted out there though.

@Auguie all jokes aside. You are Not gonna get a straight answer to this question. Never post spots online especially pictures with pins. I don’t even tell some family about my spots.

What I can tell you is how to find deer and most guys on here will give you as much help as they can. Get in there 30 minutes before sunrise get up high on a ridge and start glassing as soon as it’s gray light. The go back and do it again and again until you find deer.

Do you have good binoculars? You already have Onx so that’s a good start.

Finding deer spots require lots of burnt fuel and worn out boots. It’s all part of the fun.

hunting is like baseball there are unspoken rules. One of the biggest rule is never share spots online.

As to that specific area, I’ve seen does there occasionally but never bucks, easy spot to go check out yourself in an afternoon. Quite a few lion tracks too

I have a pic from trail cam of 4 of them together on the other side of Stonewall Peak drinking out of a stream. 1 cat will take 1 deer approximately every 10 days. Do the math.
I am very aware of the toll they take on deer, the anti hunting groups don't really care about conservation. The just want to take our second amendment.
When it was allowed ranchers would shoot them on site.
Deer populations we're higher.
I came from family of ranching and farming, my grand father's were cattlemen.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu