It was a long season

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Started Sept. 8th in southern Alberta and ended yesterday, Jan. 27th (November was pretty much all D-16)....Weather this year in Alberta & Montana was cold, rainy, snowy and windy much of the time....Montana was the best I have seen it....Henshaw had it's moments, but the big rains and freezing temps put the widgeon in different areas....Real slow at the end.....Down at the IV (Wister), it was pretty much blue bird every shoot day ....Lots of rain in the IV made it tough late, but this was the best January I can remember....The SS Duck Club rarely disappoints and didn't this year either.....A few pix from the season

Now, it's time for turkey prep...…..;)

.010.JPG
015.JPG005.JPG004.JPG006.JPG033.JPG026.JPG

016.JPG014.JPG

.036.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Steve. As usual, amazing photos. Nice job.

Great picture Steve look like you had good season

Richard,

Darn good overall....Lots of sprig, dumb mallards helped early in the season, good numbers of widgeon at Henshaw, gadwalls were again a staple in the IV, green wing showed up late, more spoonies than last year, and blue wings are stating to make a presence in SoCal.

.005.JPG054.JPG009.JPG025.JPG024.JPG004.JPEG1079.JPG1088.JPG576.JPG030.JPG

Some great successes Steve! Yeah it was a long season. Time to remove the hunting gear from the back of my SUV and replace it with spring bass fishing tackle. A few lobster trips on the calendar too.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Some great successes Steve! Yeah it was a long season. Time to remove the hunting gear from the back of my SUV and replace it with spring bass fishing tackle. A few lobster trips on the calendar too.

Kevin,

I'm ready for some bass huntin' too....The "Hodge" opens next Wednesday (2-6)….Another place we can go is Lake Francis in the IV with tubes....Just opened.

.DSCF1383.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu