IV gallos

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
Update.... happened something like this.

Roosters separated between 2 fields before help arrived. We walked towards where 3 roosters were last seen and nothing flushed. Did the walk back n forth for nothing.

Back to truck and glassed up one rooster in another field. Walked that field and rooster flushed way early, to far.

Met some guys from El Cajon and they joined us to walk the field once more. At the end of field as we realigned up again and walk back a rooster flushed. I took a knee so the our new friend could take the shot and he dropped it.

As we walked back a hawk joined the hunt a flushed another rooster too far for a shot. A hen also flushed and I called it a day.

Had lots of fun... glad I only live 20 minuets from spot. I’ll check tomorrow on them roosters again.

No faces since I forgot to get permission from them.
11E15139-FBEC-474E-AF24-A8D888154A3A.png

Sweet! Did you shopt the hen and drake together? I love jumping those little canals and ponds.

Yes sir, saw them last weekend but let them pass and this morning they were at about the same drain ditch and decided it was time to taste some duck. Have lots of family gathered so it should be fun seeing them try it for first time tomorrow. Saw about 6 roosters this morning.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu