IV Hunting Regs & Maps

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Here are the hunting regs and the Heritage dove fields.........Saw very few doves while out there Tuesday and Sunday.......It did rain going out and coming back....... :-\

Attachments

• 2014 UPLAND GAME FIELDS[1].PDF
    589.5 KB · Views: 438
sooo we have to stay off all private land in the IV? it says so right on the regs sheet? I hope every one keeps letting us roll around kinda free I was told by some one on here they called a warden and asked and got a message telling him under no terms can any one hunt any private land or even retrieve a downed bird on private land next to a game field or they will be cited. :'( UMMM...

Also i have the 2013 map and there's new spots and some of the old ones south or calipatria are out like wheat field game farm field and field 138. give and take i guess

Another thing I just noticed is that it says no Rock doves (pigeons)...........There's never been a limit or season........... ???

Someone please reassure me that we can hunt other places than those marked fields...

I've always just found a spot that I see birds away from paved roads and power lines and not marked private... am I no longer allowed to do this?

I've been wondering about this for a long time. The regs say you have to have written permission to hunt private. But everyone believes you can hunt any land that's not posted. Some people even apply that philosophy to non-IV properties.

I would love clarification. Perhaps this is it? We have to have written slips for every IV farm we want to hunt?

it use to be you could go on fields that where not posted with no trespassing.
if it was posted then no you could not go them..

has that changed.

Ghost

Actually guys, this law has always been in place in the IV..........It's just been a unwritten law that if the land isn't posted your good to go. I know all of my friends still do it that way.........I personally would continue with that process.

The main one is don't shoot within a 150 yds of someone's house.......Your just about guaranteed to get a phone call to Mr. Green Jeans.

Ilovesprig is spot on. It's just that every year more and more hunters come to the NEST of dove hunting the IV and all that is good reaches an end. I'm hitting 40 and have enjoyed about 31 years of dove hunting here , native of the big IV . But I see the laws/unwritten rules change year by year. REMINDER to all visiting dove hunters, respect goes a long way. Pick up what you drop and hopefully we can have our kids enjoy this dove hunting honey hole when they are ready to pass on this great tradition

One other note............PICK UP YOUR HULLS!............It's considered littering. And besides the legal ramifications.......It reflects on all hunters, when trash is left behind........Great way to get all hunting access in the IV denied.

And if you clean your birds do it far away from the farm land or pick up the carcass and throw it away in the trash.

Don't take a crap including your dog within 300 yards of an organic field......don't walk row crops.......don't shoot accross the road

AND PICK UP ALL TRASH

MJB said:
And if you clean your birds do it far away from the farm land or pick up the carcass and throw it away in the trash.

Don't take a crap including your dog within 300 yards of an organic field......don't walk row crops.......don't shoot accross the road

AND PICK UP ALL TRASH

yep not good!

And I'll say this one more time......SHOTGUN SHELLS ARE TRASH.....DON"T LEAVE 'EM...... :-[

ps.....Sorry for yelling...... ;D

Yep
I bring a leaf rake, 5gal bucket & a flat nose shovel for the shells.....beats bending over:)....I use to shoot my ithica and loved how the shells were at my feet not 10 yards to my right in some bush with a buzz worm.....

MJB said:
Yep
I bring a leaf rake, 5gal bucket & a flat nose shovel for the shells.....beats bending over:)....I use to shoot my ithica and loved how the shells were at my feet not 10 yards to my right in some bush with a buzz worm.....

Best part about a pump or o/u............... ;)

Yeah but your shoulder or arm can pay the price

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 52
ouch. im sorry to say and imnot trying to be rude but thats not from proper gun mounting. some one needs to learn to mount all the way in and tight. :-[

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu