Just sayin’ howdy!

Bruiser

Aug 30, 2020
Hey all, kinda stumbled on this site, real glad I did! I’m originally from Canada, moved here to Fallbrook in ‘09. Used to hunt quite a bit back there but I haven’t been out yet since I’m here. I’m ready now though! Took the safety course, bought my gear and now I’m just trying to figure out how to put it all together. Primarily interested in coyotes and small game like doves, quail and cotton tails. Looking forward to learning from you guys and maybe contribute a bit as well. See ya on the forums!

Best bet is to go over to AZ. Just across the river. Lots of coyote and cotton tail open hear round. Cal. Sucks.

Reactions: Bruiser
Welcome. Where in Canada are you from and what did you hunt up there? If it's coyotes and small game you're after, there's plenty of 'em in East County, and I'd recommend learning the IV as well. Lots of opportunity out there.

Bruise,

Welcome to SCH. I hunt Alberta every year. Absolutely love Canada. I live in Escondido. Give me a call. I’ll help you here in SoCal. Steve

Best bet is to go over to AZ. Just across the river. Lots of coyote and cotton tail open hear round. Cal. Sucks.
That’s definitely on the menu, but for this season I just want to get my feet wet and stick close to home. I’m looking at Zone 15 since it’s real close to where I live.

Welcome. Where in Canada are you from and what did you hunt up there? If it's coyotes and small game you're after, there's plenty of 'em in East County, and I'd recommend learning the IV as well. Lots of opportunity out there.
I’m originally from Montreal , Quebec. Small game pretty much. Ruffed grouse, woodcock, snowshoe hare and the occasional cotton tail. They’re pretty rare up there. Sat in a stand a couple of times waiting for a buck that never showed, decided that wasn’t for me. I was younger then and liked to move around, so I focused on the small stuff.

Bruise,

Welcome to SCH. I hunt Alberta every year. Absolutely love Canada. I live in Escondido. Give me a call. I’ll help you here in SoCal. Steve
Thank you Steve, that’s much appreciated! I was fishing Dixon this morning, trying to hook a catfish but no luck... Never been, but Alberta is known as a deer hunters paradise. Elk and sheep reside there as well if I’m not mistaken.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Bruise,

Thank you Steve, that’s much appreciated! I was fishing Dixon this morning, trying to hook a catfish but no luck... Never been, but Alberta is known as a deer hunters paradise. Elk and sheep reside there as well if I’m not mistaken.

Welcome to the forums lots of great folks on here that live down in your area and love to kill stuff. Dont rule out deer you say you like to move around so deer would be great for you also I've been hunting deer since the 80's and even going out with my uncles in the 70's and I have never ever set in a stand. Who know's mabey one day but right now in my 50's the hills are still fun to climb, stalk a chase deer in. I cant see myself ever being a stand hunter but who knows.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I go there to waterfowl hunt. Best in the world. Great for Huns too

I go there to waterfowl hunt. Best in the world. Great for Huns too
I’ve never done that yet, but strangely, I saw some black and white footage of Clark Gable and his wife shooting geese when I was just a boy and that’s what sparked my interest in hunting.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Welcome to the forums lots of great folks on here that live down in your area and love to kill stuff. Dont rule out deer you say you like to move around so deer would be great for you also I've been hunting deer since the 80's and even going out with my uncles in the 70's and I have never ever set in a stand. Who know's mabey one day but right now in my 50's the hills are still fun to climb, stalk a chase deer in. I cant see myself ever being a stand hunter but who knows.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I know a couple of Marines who hunt mulies on the base. They glass the hills and stalk, no stands for those boys! Back where I’m from, guys would start baiting around their stand with corn and apples a month or so before opening day. That seems more like harvesting then hunting to me. I’m in my fifties too, but I can still hold my own.

I’m originally from Montreal , Quebec. Small game pretty much. Ruffed grouse, woodcock, snowshoe hare and the occasional cotton tail. They’re pretty rare up there. Sat in a stand a couple of times waiting for a buck that never showed, decided that wasn’t for me. I was younger then and liked to move around, so I focused on the small stuff.
Montreal's a cool city.. had an awesome time there a couple years back.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu