Just watched "Free Solo" on Natural Geographic

The dude is a freak of nature, extremely intelligent and driven. Watching him is an inspiration for sure.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
You are in for a treat Bill. Awesome Documentary.

Mu buddy does rock climbing and he was the one who told me about it. He said he was sweating with rapid pulse in the movie theater watching it..!!! I can only imagine what I might be in for...

And he did not wear a helmet....wow!

If you guys liked that one check out “Meru” if you haven’t already seen it. Jimmy Chin is one of the climbers in Meru and he co-directed Free Solo. Great film also, and an honest view into the world of Alpinism.

There's another documentary on Netflix about free climbing. Can't remember the title. I'm with ilovesprig... why do that when bowhunting is much more thrilling. Ed F

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Really well made film. I'm a climber, and even though you know he makes it, I was totally gripped for the entire sequence of the climb. Part of that was the incredible skill of Jimmy Chin, the guy that made the film, but Honnold is just incredible. I cannot fathom his ability to contain the fear and doubt to perform at that level.

Reactions: Tubba
Alex Honnold is a beast (almost not human). Watching him free solo El Capitan was intensely amazing as well as frightening. I sweated through the entire documentary. A must watch!

Yea John I did the exact same not something you want to watch before going to bed, I was sweating and on pins and needles watching the solo run. Great documentary .

Reactions: NBK
Got to admit that me palms got sweaty when he flipped around the the ledge 3/4 way up and his feet were practically on nothing at all...

If you've got Netflix and enjoyed free solo, give the Dawn Wall a try. It's an amazing story

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu