Kanati Rock Ranch, Rocksprings, Texas

White Smoke

Black powder rules!
May 2, 2011
Encinitas, CA
A couple of members of our varmint hunting club have been going to Texas for the past couple of years and finally did the deed and purchased a 100-acre spread near Rocksprings, about 100 miles NW of San Antonio. Their dream is to turn it into a hunting ranch, and they have been working hard on doing just that. All the infrastructure is almost in. One of the last things is the solar powered well, which is going in this week. After that, it's just hooking up all the plumbing. The cabins and kitchen are all in and ready to go. Feeders and blinds are in and set. Blkpowder hunter and I, along with two other friends are headed down there on the 21st for a three-day, two night hunt for Axis deer and hogs, and maybe some coyotes. This is the inaugural hunt and I will post a report when I get back. Here are some pictures of what they have going so far. Contact info is Rob Wagner, (619) 249-9174

cabins.jpg

Attachments

• more turkeys.jpg
    more turkeys.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Pick a spot!.jpg
    Pick a spot!.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 30
  • more hogs.jpg
    more hogs.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 30
  • hogs.jpg
    hogs.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Da king.jpg
    Da king.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Axis.jpg
    Axis.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 30
  • Aoudad.jpg
    Aoudad.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Putting in the blinds.jpg
    Putting in the blinds.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
100 acres.... It's gonna happen..post him when you Kill him!! I like Texas.

I hunt a property about 45 min from there once or twice every year. Lots of animals in Texas Hill Country! Make sure you go to Lum’s BBQ in Junction. Couple taxidermy shops in Junction too. I’ve used Rawhide and they did a good job.
546B72B2-4E56-4B48-90EC-2EC74EE421AB.jpeg

A couple of members of our varmint hunting club have been going to Texas for the past couple of years and finally did the deed and purchased a 100-acre spread near Rocksprings, about 100 miles NW of San Antonio. Their dream is to turn it into a hunting ranch, and they have been working hard on doing just that. All the infrastructure is almost in. One of the last things is the solar powered well, which is going in this week. After that, it's just hooking up all the plumbing. The cabins and kitchen are all in and ready to go. Feeders and blinds are in and set. Blkpowder hunter and I, along with two other friends are headed down there on the 21st for a three-day, two night hunt for Axis deer and hogs, and maybe some coyotes. This is the inaugural hunt and I will post a report when I get back. Here are some pictures of what they have going so far. Contact info is Rob Wagner, (619) 249-9174

View attachment 53972
Really looking forward to this hunt - I've never shot an Axis deer or a Mouflon.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu