Kansas semi live

skeet

Feb 27, 2011
Took some time off to visit family and the rewards of that is some bow hunting yesterday was my first day in the field and it did not disappoint lots of little bucks chasing. Its great being in the stand listening to the turkeys and geese while I’m looking for deer

.D0734457-BA12-4563-A59C-8120D380BCE4.jpegBE1FFF6B-FAE8-4A0E-9271-0049A199BEDE.jpeg1D9B9E91-5954-40F6-AD3B-CEC7B60F31FF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed a bruiser this morning rookie mistake my grunt tube got wrapped up with my bow string when I released it about pulled me out of the stand broke the laynerd nice bruise on my neck pissed off and dejected climb on down to regroup

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Is now supposed to be the rut? My buddy in Ohio said that but they are fighting heat as well.

Sat on stand until 45 minutes until end of shoot time not a deer one then I catch a glimpse of movement across the cut wheat field heading my way. I can tell it’s a buck running the scrape line problem is my sent is heading straight to him. Guess there is one good thing about 30 mph winds as he never smelled me. He got to where my drag line was and followed it like a bird dog. I’m going back and forth on if I want to shoot him or not especially after seeing the one I missed this morning then he got to 20 yards and I seen brow tines and my decision was made

Money shot please ...enough fluff..

Way to give it to whitey...he deserved it..that bastard!!! Strong work!

Reactions: skeet

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu