Kuiu Layering Help

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
New to the Kuiu system and looking for some help in figuring out which base and midlayer to wear under the Guide jacket for deer season here in SoCal when it's 25-45 degrees in the morning? Looking at the Ultra Merino 125 as a versatile baselayer, but still shopping options for the midlayer, maybe the UM 210 or Peloton 200.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MERIWOOL Men’s Merino Wool...

$50 bucks 250 merino great shirt. In that cold of weather you will probably want a puffy down layer as well. The guide jacket will do good cutting the wind.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
For me.
If I’m hiking I wear a t shirt and the down vest down to about the mid 30’s. Lower than that I put on the guide jacket.
Then get to a glassing area if it’s still in the 30’s I’ll put on the 145 and the guide over everything.
If it’s colder like in low 20’s I start breaking out the kenai

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu