LA Times bear season editorial

The guy that wrote that is a douche..prolly licks leaves and other organic material...more bears now in CA than there ever has been since they banned hounds ( bad idea)...that being said..I hate bears...they shall be giving no quarter during season.... Uggh..CA!!

Lol it is like the author did not even read his source other then to get a number. Which basically says they did not pull teeth due to california covid laws, so they used estimates which produced a lot lower number than they believe.

We pulled a couple sets during covid..it all depended on who you went to
..some dudes were deathly afraid of bear covid...I found a guy that worked for f&g that could care less and did his job and yanked those suckas.( Will prolly never get the info that they are suppose to send the hunter)..it's definitely subjective..and definitely open to interpretation...as most things are in CA.. ambiguous at best... designed to hurt..Ca...uggh

..they make um big in so cal though..real big..just looking at this makes my wrists and back hurt..the horror..

Screenshot_20230111-140750.pngScreenshot_20230111-140805.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this op-ed in the paper today. Is getting an accurate count a legitimate concern, or just a way to permanently ban bear hunting?

The antis at yesterdays commissions meeting tossed this article around a lot. The commission, and DFW personal all agreed that the state black bear population is stable and has increased and could support a second tag but didn't approve it.

No reason for Ca to go to a 2 bear limit...most folks have not seen 2 bears in there life..no dogs..no bait..no dice. Public land spot and stalk only ..
It's designed to hurt. Poor bears.....

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
No reason for Ca to go to a 2 bear limit...most folks have not seen 2 bears in there life..no dogs..no bait..no dice. Public land spot and stalk only ..
It's designed to hurt. Poor bears.....
Where I hunt in SozCal, I almost always see at least 1 bear during the deer season. I see them outside deer season too. I just wish I'd see them closer to the road.

Reactions: sportyg
Do you shoot the bears you see? Road bears are always a plus. It's been my experience that lots of folks don't wanna shoot a bear as they have no desire to do so..a common question is.*;what would I do with it?* My answer is .you would eat it"* hence...more bears in CA for sure..

Last edited:
Reactions: sportyg
I want to shoot the bears I see. But when your 7 miles in, a 300-400 pound bear is way to much work, and spoilage is a serious concern. I've harvested several. But I weigh the workload involved, with enviromental conditions before pulling the trigger.

Reactions: MJB
Work smarter..not harder..Truth. I hate bears.

I've seen 7 different bears in a single day. Definitely not very many in CA, should stop the brutality.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu