Lake Barrett 12/29

msailor

Jan 30, 2014
San Diego
It was a cold morning 22 degrees according to the truck. Frozen puddles and frozen feet but warmed up a little after setting up the decoys. That did last long as we were begging for the sun to come up. One lone teal landed in the decoys at 0610 but did not wait around for shooting time. And that was the only duck we saw flying. Did see a pair of cans and mallards swimming way off. So at 0900 we moved to a point and got a few ruddies and one buffle head pass shooting as the other hunters pushed them around. Those ducks are well conditioned as they flare at the boat way out of range. Overall a good hunt with my daughter even with the frosty guns and feet.
bd093d32bcc0204f1dfb62a879767deb.jpg
2402a536ca15cac57ea1d085991c8a6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice going Matt. Is that pic from the north end?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Its from blind 8 in the hausser arm we did go towards blinds 9 and 10 just to check it out but not many birds besides the coot and ruddies. There seemed to more ruddies compared to last time. We have a new strategy for the next time we will see how goes.

Its from blind 8 in the hausser arm we did go towards blinds 9 and 10 just to check it out but not many birds besides the coot and ruddies. There seemed to more ruddies compared to last time. We have a new strategy for the next time we will see how goes.

Cool.. I may have mentioned to you, last time I hunted there we had a fun pass shooting session waiting around the corner from where the Hauser Arm starts.. the other boat hunters would flush them from the other side of the lake and as they'd speed around the corner we'd have some good shooting opps on the stiff tails.

Reactions: msailor
Cool.. I may have mentioned to you, last time I hunted there we had a fun pass shooting session waiting around the corner from where the Hauser Arm starts.. the other boat hunters would flush them from the other side of the lake and as they'd speed around the corner we'd have some good shooting opps on the stiff tails.

Yes I remembered that and that’s why we moved so thanks would have a had a few more but those ruddies fly fast. Gotta lead them and then lead them some more!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu