Lake Barrett

James Kaye

Nov 5, 2017
San Diego
Hello,My son ,Sam and I are hunting Lake Barrett Wed. and were wondering if anyone has been doing any good there and what areas.Thanks in advance,Jim

SD City Lakes used to post a hunting report online but it looks like they changed the site so I can't find it anymore. Maybe give the lakes manager office a ring.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SD City Lakes used to post a hunting report online but it looks like they changed the site so I can't find it anymore. Maybe give the lakes manager office a ring.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was looking for that too (I thought I'd refer the OP to the report online when I saw this thread) but I couldn't find a report on Barrett anywhere. I'm just wondering if they're trying to phase out the duck hunting program as from what I've heard they jacked up the prices pretty good this year and now there's nowhere you can check on a report. Even though I haven't hunted there in a long, long time and probably won't for the foreseeable future I still hate to see any hunting opportunity reduced or eliminated around Southern Calif.

Reactions: ilovesprig
They hold a little lottery for the blinds so just play it by ear. If the water level is similar to last year Blind 6 is was good with ringnecks, Cinnamon Teal, Blue wing, a few canvasbacks and of course ruddies. Get up on the rock pile and set a few decoys out in front of you. Plan on pass shooting. Blind 10 was good too like Steve said about the hauser arm. Some guys don’t even set out decoys and just wait for 9 am to drive around but be careful as there is a game warden that loves to check on the hunters. You cannot shot from a moving boat but can when stopped. So make sure you are not under power. He sits at the dock with a spotting scope. I was checked twice last year. So have your stuff together so you don’t get a ticket. I am going on the 15th of December so I am looking forward to your report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu