Last Day of 2019 Yote

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Well guy's I gave it my all to try and get me an IV bobcat but it just didn't happen. I saw a few cats but I wasn't geared for cat hunting only had shotgun for gallos or quail. I try and never leave a gun or rifle in locked truck out in the boonies... tweekers are watching.

Anywho, I had the day off today and after doing the family thing I decided to escape the house and get me my last hunt for 2019. Bobcat and yote was on the menu. I went to the closest spot from home.. 6 miles from Imperial. Once I arrived and walking towards area I noticed a bunch of track, yote and some of my elusive ghost bobcat around the side of hill. Drag marks and all, I just thought a new yote pack must of moved in the area.

I told myself I would take out whatever came out first. I put out the caller, snow rabbit distress and at about 15 minute mark this female yote showed herself. It was probably 30 yards out, first shot hit... yote started doing the spin and I let the rest of the mag empty. Dang copper bullets were just going through and not causing any damage. I had to slow down and take a head shot to end the day. After I went to recover the yote I noticed a sheep carcass in the bush, that then explained all the marks, scratches and drag marks I saw earlier on my in into spot. The only field I saw with sheep was about a quarter mile away.

HAPPY NEW HUNTING YEARS sch fam!!

pics or it didn't happen..

IMG_0009.PNGIMG_0006.JPGimage1.jpegimage0.jpeg

RightOn IV! Enjoying living vicariously thru everybody elses posts right now. Something has a Death-Grip on my lungs again. And it's REAL strong whatever it is. Been in pretty much a Codeine syrup stupor all day.

Good job! Looks like they have somewhat of a winter coat now.
There's a yote sporting a very dark coat around the New River, one could say it's a black yote. Going to try and get him next, maybe even put a cam out for some before and after pics. I call him squashy yote.

RightOn IV! Enjoying living vicariously thru everybody elses posts right now. Something has a Death-Grip on my lungs again. And it's REAL strong whatever it is. Been in pretty much a Codeine syrup stupor all day.
Get well Larry and drink a beer with that syrup so you can rest really well. lol.

Strong work. I have experienced the same thing with copper TTSX in 243 on coyotes. I think they are to thin skinned for the bullet to do what it’s supposed to. I am going to load up some varmint grenades at some point but it’s hard to get away from the Barnes they shoot lights out in that gun.

Nice kill! I saw a scrawny cat down there a few weeks ago. Only had my .22 and thought about trying for an ear hole shot but then decided against it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu