Last day of waterfowl

utahduckhunter

Aug 11, 2015
southern utah
Well today is last day of waterfowl season here in southern Utah . Well day start off not good pull up to the Spot I wanted to hunt and there was people camping there so had to go other spot here and it turn out to be good today for last day

IMG_20230128_195056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm entering my 6th year waterfowling on CA public land, mostly in the grasslands. One bird that somehow has evaded me is a drake wigeon. If you wanted to shoot a bunch of wigeon where would you apply?
They are the 3rd highest harvested bird at most grassland refuges. Los Banos shot the most, Salt Slough the highest as a %. Mendota shoots a bunch if it's not too far and it's easy to get on. Learn what areas on the property have timothy and other aquatic grasses they prefer as food sources.

They are the 3rd highest harvested bird at most grassland refuges. Los Banos shot the most, Salt Slough the highest as a %. Mendota shoots a bunch if it's not too far and it's easy to get on. Learn what areas on the property have timothy and other aquatic grasses they prefer as food sources.
That makes since, sadly those are the refuges I hunt the most, last year was a ton of ringnecks, tons of Northern shovelers, and many teal, a gadwall and a pintail. Kid missed a mallard on junior weekend, spoonies and teal. haha.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu