Last jr draw

AMBUSH

Mar 2, 2021
Ca is LAME. My 15 year old is getting screwed by newsance and it will his last draw as a junior. Hes all in on all species this year

2 pts for deer (grizzly flat first year), 3 elk and antelope.

Question, is there ANY advantages to applying for a junior tag in the first app? Or go "adult tag" first app and apprentice choice second app?

We want 3 tags so if its first app apprentice that what we will do, if no advantage over other second app apprentices we will go differently.

Spew it... one night to decide.... teenagers.

For deer the answer is no, there is no advantage to applying for a junior tag in the first app.

For Elk and antelope the answer is that you cannot apply for two tags:

ELK, PRONGHORN & BIGHORN SHEEPHUNTING INFORMATIONFor the 2023 Big Game Drawing, 21 is the maximum numberof preference points for any species a hunter can have. Tolook up your total preference points log on to your customerprofile at www.ca.wildlifelicense.com/ InternetSales and clickon ‘View My Draw Application/ Preference Points’ at the top ofthe page.By law, you may only submit one application for eachspecies. Any person submitting multiple applications forthe same species will be rejected from the drawing andmay be prosecuted. All applicants must submit the $8.13nonrefundable processing fee for their application.

I know he cant apply twice for eld and antelope, the website wont allow it.

But i wasnt sure if he used his first app for a junior app would it get drawn before the second junior apps?

Cali is lame...all the kids get screwed on this deal, and I know some will argue this. 16 years old and you can't apply as a junior but commit murder and you can be tried as a minor... go figure.

This change really screwed my oldest son. He was never able to get max deer points as a junior as he turned 16 the year the rule changed.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu