Last retrieve for Tia 9-12-19

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
Yesterday was a dark day. My 10 year old lab Tia passed on. God speed baby ill miss you so much. Say hi to sluester for me and save me a spot

Tia started out life as a reject. The guy that left a deposit backed out on her. A trials/hunting breeder in Temecula Steve Nicholson made me a great deal on what would become the best lab i have ever owned. i got her just in case Winda got hurt , little did i know that she would have to take over soon as Winda's body gave up on her.
481.JPG

just over a year old she took over 100% of my bird hunting. Trained from the get go for heavy cover. she was a nothing short of amazing. her ability to go into anything and find birds no matter how heavy the cover. She would routinely go into areas where other pro trained dogs could not find the bird and she would.

Watching her check the wind. Go down down wind from her entry point and zig zag back and fourth till she cut the wind, GAME OVER! you could always tell when she got the scent of the bird because she would start snorting to get more in her nose. DEATH SNORT!!!!!!!

I owe a lot of that to my brother Mike aka Sluester. He also gave her the yap bark she would do when working with bumpers for the rest of her life. ( thanks mike)

479.JPG

flooded salt ceder was her HELL and she went into it fearless. often coming out cut and tore up. Never a whimper or cry. She has had over 200 water retrieves in a month. Her total number of water retrieves is a secret but its in the thousands.

20140222_125058.jpg

was not just ducks she was just as at home with upland

20141018_092500.jpg
20131018_123322.jpg

But her heart was in the duck blind at my feet in my layout boat.

20171216_062731.jpg

20180210_140134.jpg

IMG_20190209_092651.jpg

God my baby girl, i will miss you so much. You left to soon but you what a life you lived.

God Speed.... i will see you again

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_092651.jpg
    IMG_20190209_092651.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Yesterday was a dark day. My 10 year old lab Tia passed on. God speed baby ill miss you so much. Say hi to sluester for me and save me a spot

Tia started out life as a reject. The guy that left a deposit backed out on her. A trials/hunting breeder in Temecula Steve Nicholson made me a great deal on what would become the best lab i have ever owned. i got her just in case Winda got hurt , little did i know that she would have to take over soon as Winda's body gave up on her.
View attachment 40951

just over a year old she took over 100% of my bird hunting. Trained from the get go for heavy cover. she was a nothing short of amazing. her ability to go into anything and find birds no matter how heavy the cover. She would routinely go into areas where other pro trained dogs could not find the bird and she would.

Watching her check the wind. Go down down wind from her entry point and zig zag back and fourth till she cut the wind, GAME OVER! you could always tell when she got the scent of the bird because she would start snorting to get more in her nose. DEATH SNORT!!!!!!!

I owe a lot of that to my brother Mike aka Sluester. He also gave her the yap bark she would do when working with bumpers for the rest of her life. ( thanks mike)

View attachment 40952

flooded salt ceder was her HELL and she went into it fearless. often coming out cut and tore up. Never a whimper or cry. She has had over 200 water retrieves in a month. Her total number of water retrieves is a secret but its in the thousands.

View attachment 40953

was not just ducks she was just as at home with upland

View attachment 40954
View attachment 40955

But her heart was in the duck blind at my feet in my layout boat.

View attachment 40957

View attachment 40958

View attachment 40960

God my baby girl, i will miss you so much. You left to soon but you what a life you lived.

God Speed.... i will see you again
sorry for your loss man! what a beautiful dog. RIP Tia

Glad you got to hunt next to such a rad dog. RIP

So sorry for you to hear this Bill, It seems like yesterday when you introduced her to us as far her being your up front pooch. My wife Tracy was a dog person from age five until she got sick a few years ago and gave me all but one of the dogs I have ever had the pleasure to own as well as her great knowledge of canines. I have never said I owned an animal because it is a two way street when you take up a relationship with an animal outside of our species and in my opinion we own each other. Canines are truly a special breed and bridge the connection between homosapiens and other living breathing mammals like no other. So sorry and god speed to her, I'm sure you will hunt with her again in the afterlife.

Aw Man!... I feel for you Man. That is a pain like no other. Especially considering all your cool adventures together. At least she got to live a real cool life by your hand.

Sorry for your loss. Looks like she had an awesome life with you. Thank you for sharing your memories of her with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sorry Bill. Dogs are easy to get attached to and Tia was obviously family.
Prayers for you and your family for strength while you’re dealing with her loss.

Sorry for your loss Bill. Tia lived an awesome life doing what she loved. Off to the big plaster city in the sky. I’m convinced God has to have an incredible duck pond for water dogs.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
My heart knows the pain well Billy. Hang in there brother. You and your family are in my prayers.

Tia was a gift. And you had/have that gift. You are one of the lucky ones.

God speed Tia - Dieter is your new friend! Please keep him company.

Bill,

So sorry to here of Tia's passing....As a hunter and a lab owner, I know how you feel...Tough, but you can keep the memories and get the excitement of a new relationship with our hunting partners...Thinking of you buddy... :pensive:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu