Last tag filled for 2021

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Well I filled my last deer tag for 2021. We hunted hard and this was the best buck I found. Got lucky to stumble across him while tracking some cows with my dad.

As we were following the tracks I noticed some fresh buck tracks, I scanned ahead and spotted a deer walking away from us. It had its head behind a tree, as soon as I saw his antlers I knew he was a shooter. I sat down in the snow and used my knee as a rest. The buck bedded down 80 yards from us. The only thing I could see was his neck and head. I put my cross hairs below his jawline and pulled the trigger. The bucks head snapped back without a movement after that.

My brother in law was able to also get a buck. Putting him down with a great shot at 646 yards. The hammer bullets performed incredibly. Again, I’m sold on them!

df13c2e349da0f2f2c05e14770fc06f6.jpg

1a4a78ecddc61424eeb9016d70c84fd2.jpg

14e96145d03556bc52243a28461f0485.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, you guys could have your own hunting show. Congrats on a successful season!! Do you guys hunt upland, any quail get taken out?

Reactions: TaftHunter
Dang, you guys could have your own hunting show. Congrats on a successful season!! Do you guys hunt upland, any quail get taken out?

Haha thank you! We have been doing a little filming. Yes sir we hunt chukar and quail. Pigs as well!

Reactions: IVhunter
Congratulations one heck of a year. Did you even go without filling a tag ? Good work. You always get it done

Reactions: TaftHunter
One of these years we will have to get together especially since we are so close to each other.

Heck yeah man. Do you have a motorcycle? We are thinking about doing this hunt again next year. Also we are looking at moving up to your area next year!

Well done!

Thats a lot of weight on a bike! I went down with 2x elk quarters in my pack on my KTM last year in ID. Trying to keep traction is easier said than done.

Well done!

Thats a lot of weight on a bike! I went down with 2x elk quarters in my pack on my KTM last year in ID. Trying to keep traction is easier said than done.

No doubt, it was gnarly for sure. That single track can be quite tricky. Fortunately we didn’t have anyone go down!

Reactions: 180ls1
Whenever you get them vids up let us know so we can check them out.

Here’s a hunt from a couple years ago if you want to check it out. Warning, we had no idea what we were doing behind the camera lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu