Late Migration per DU update

2dogs1name

May 10, 2015
Corona
www.youtube.com
I know you all know this by the lack of birds we see...but Steve mentioned something on another thread that resonated with me. Why is our duck hunting season from Oct - Jan? Shouldn't it be Nov - Feb? as we are not cold enough until then? Is this year just a fluke? If global warming is real (not being political)...then our CA Wildlife team should adjust our season...just sayin'

http://www.ducks.org/hunting/waterf...-with-unusual-late-season-doldrums?poe=migmap

I said this for years. You'll get arguments from some that the birds are pairing up for breeding season by February. I'm not so convinced about that but I'm always for wildlife management, season, and limits being set by scientific data. It seems to me though, especially looking at this season, that the data might, in fact, support the change. But that's just my observation, I'm not a wildlife biologist nor do I play one on TV.

Reactions: 2dogs1name

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu