Latest diaphragm progression

SocalAL

Apr 13, 2017
Anaheim
Alrighty,
Still running the same beginner calls i learned on, ive been really working on controlling my volume of sound. Particularly when moving from one note to the next, but have really been trying to find the most comfortable/ good sounding way to purr for me. Started with the throat, now im doing more of the tongue flutter. Seems to be a much smoother an quiter call to my ears.. Obviously im no pro, but i have a diaphram in my mouth every day just playing with tones an cadences, gonna get a set of primos calls comin up here pretty soon but im still hammering the beginner pack i bought some months back..

Hope i didnt make too much of an ass out of myself, just trying to to what i can to sound more turkey.

Hope u guys like it even if just for a good laugh lol, as always any helpful advice is more than welcome..

Thanks again fellas, an
GOOD HUNTING!!
-AL

Al,

Coming along nicely......Try not to include sounds that turkeys don't make.....Stick with purrs, clucks, & yelps.....Things will sound better when you get better calls too (batwing, etc.)

Reactions: SocalAL
Al,

Coming along nicely......Try not to include sounds that turkeys don't make.....Stick with purrs, clucks, & yelps.....Things will sound better when you get better calls too (batwing, etc.)

Thanks again!! Whats the difference between a ghost cut and other cutts? I hear jay scott and joe slaton talking about them alot, is it just a pitch differencial? Also would u recomend a woodheaven call set or a primos?

Al,

Also looking to get a slate or box call, which would u recommend? I know diaphragm has the most versatility but i also know we cant be in the Turkey woods with only one call..

You'll want all 3 at some point & time.....The box is the easiest.....The slate or glass have a great high pitch that gobblers like.....And of course, the hands free mouth call has many sounds and pluses.

Woodhaven makes great calls, but can be a bit pricey.....Primos Box Cutter is my favorite in the box calls.....Less than 30 bucks.

Slate and glass or one over than other can be bought for under 45 bucks and made custom to the striker here locally in San Diego.....Sound great!

I like just about any of the bat wing mouth calls (many brands make them).....The ghost is just another cut on a diaphragm, of which there are many.....They all have different pitches and sounds.

.010.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu