Lead the bead and they won't go 20...

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
This was my 4th time out and best day of waterfowling yet..invited another new ducker last time I went and he put in for some draws after and get got drawn and invited me to join.

Started my morning off with some homemade breakfast duck machaca burritos my wife sent for our hunt.

Got my first teal within the first 10min of shooting. Slowed down a bit but had a few more teals come towards our decoys. Had a nice shoveler almost land into our decoys but he had some sort of force field around him..made it through a barrage of gun fire unscathed. Shot 2 green wing teal and a ruddy. Double teamed another teal but let my buddy take that one since I already had 2.

Overall it was nice to be out there..learning more every time I go out.

20210110_122750.jpg

20210110_070403.jpg

20210110_070359.jpg

It's definitely a beautiful bird..made some earrings from the first ones I shot for Christmas gifts. Made a pair for my wife, daughter, mom, sister and aunt. My sister and aunt are vegans but they really liked them.

View attachment 47437
Nicely done. I will keep feathers as well for tying flies. Pretty cool catching wild trout on flies you tie using feathers from birds you have shot.

This was my 4th time out and best day of waterfowling yet..invited another new ducker last time I went and he put in for some draws after and get got drawn and invited me to join.

Started my morning off with some homemade breakfast duck machaca burritos my wife sent for our hunt.

Got my first teal within the first 10min of shooting. Slowed down a bit but had a few more teals come towards our decoys. Had a nice shoveler almost land into our decoys but he had some sort of force field around him..made it through a barrage of gun fire unscathed. Shot 2 green wing teal and a ruddy. Double teamed another teal but let my buddy take that one since I already had 2.

Overall it was nice to be out there..learning more every time I go out.

View attachment 47433

View attachment 47434

View attachment 47435
Well Done my friend, broke the ice I see a long duck hunting career, ;)

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu