Leupold scope glass ?

OPAH

Sep 20, 2021
Looking seriously at purchasing the

Leupold VX-3HD Rifle Scope - 4.5-14x40mm - Boone & Crockett​

with the LED red dot and illumination to put on my Browning BAR Hog rifle.
It sells for around $700.00, for me that is a chunk of change, and I really want to get my moneys worth. There seems to be a pack of scopes right in this price range all claiming to have the superior clarity in optics.
Then there are the digital HD recording scopes looks cool but what do I want to hunt or the take video, Hunting for sure ok forget the digital.

You only live once. Buy the one you really want or you'll kick yourself latter. But it is just for pigs.

Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12x56 Adjustable Objective Hog Hunter, Second Focal Plane, 30mm Tube Riflescope - V-Brite Illuminated Reticle , black. It is in the 300 range and I was very happy with it till I swapped it to the BAR
1642257207217.png
This one just seems to not hold the 100 yard zero. I will send it in to have it checked out.

After comparing I believe the Leupold scopes are more durable,
and I have the money for this type of purchase and may not have the money like this again in a while.

It will be after I get my Yukon out of the shop at least. that would make a good break in trip for that engine. Most likely February some time. I'll have the BAR outfitted with the Leupold and sighted in by then, still need to dig up some more non-lead 308

Last edited:
i’ve looked through the strike force glass and didn’t like it compared to my vx freedom. leupold is better imo

On the hunt for a VX-Freedom 3 - 9X50, Illuminated Firedot
twilight Hunter

Brownells, $550
OUT of stock ?
Time to start calling individual gun shops, one store at a time, start the nearest to the farthest.
May have to look at Nevada and Arizona,
I am on the notify me when this scope is available on All online sources I could source

Last edited:
Brownells, $550
OUT of stock ?
Time to start calling individual gun shops, one store at a time, start the nearest to the farthest.
May have to look at Nevada and Arizona,
I am on the notify me when this scope is available on All online sources I could source
Good old stand-by Amazon.

Just put a request to all turners outdoors they have -1 in stock, in all the Ca and Az stores.
I went to Leupold directly, hoping they can help.

I'm thinking if they check stock and they don't see any, couldn't it be -40 or 50. Maybe more.

You know for $700 or a little more you could get a Z3 Swarovski scope. I like Swarovski riflescopes, they’re the Remington 1100 of riflescopes.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu