Lion gets a monster

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
I finally secured permission to a ranch that I've tried getting permission to hunt turkeys.....No luck on the turkeys, but the land owner told me I could hunt deer....I knew there was a monster D-16 buck (4x5) in the area, but never got him on camera or a clear look (owner had)…..Well, he shows up a few nights ago and the owner finds him half eaten by a lion.....Trail cam shows the culprit the next night with what appears to me as another heavy buck......Bummer

.009.JPG007.JPG010.JPG

Usually I have seen left remains of doe kills. And not to many bucks.
Could be opposite of others experience. MHO it usually sick or singled out does or bucks.

Lee,

I don't think so.....This area is deer rich.....Turkeys are too much effort for the reward.....Although, It's still a cat and you know how cats like to play with their kills.

Bobcats on the other hand, are the #1 killer of turkeys.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I hate them cats. How populated are they gonna get before California makes it legal to hunt em? Oh wait I just answered my own question... it’s California so never.

Nice group of gobs though. Should make for a decent season come March.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu