Lion in oc, child hurt

Damn lions. Whiting Ranch was a bird hunters paradise back in the 80s. Had some special access....great memories.

Hope the kid is okay.

lion has gone to puppy lake.... the good people of california can rest easy again.

wonder if we can file on the nature conservancy for having a breading ground of man eaters right next to parks with kids playing. Do it for the kids!!!

looks like a young lion. he prob just wanted to play. can not understand why they killed it.

so i guess dad after having his kid attacked threw a backpack at the kitty. The kitty then grabbed that and went up in a tree.

even more cool, bet you guys didnt know we can post twitter videos and messages in here :)

Another one in Whiting Ranch? Damn you'd think they'd at the very fucking least hire a depred service after that last time with the lady MtnBiker! And then the Mom with her small child that had to defend until a Man came upon them and grabbed a fallen branch to scare one off.

They've got REAL DAMN healthy Deer up in Whiting Ranch too man. One day MTB'ing in there.. like around the early 2000's on the way back that parallels Portola Rd... it was soo fucking cool... a group of 3 Does was attempting to cross from one side of the meadow (up ahead of us) across the fire-road, over to the other side... but they didn't judge our speed so great, so when I whipped up on 'em... they just ran down that road right beside us like no more than maybe 6' beside us for a few seconds before they finally figured out what they were gonna do and then turned again and continued on over to that other side of the meadow. It was Cool as Hell once-in-a-lifetime experience! Jamming along right beside 'em at full tilt!

So yeah man.... they have large healthy edibles all up in that piece for the kitties, make no mistake about it.

And there's a TON of Prickly Pear cactus that fruit very well when you're going up Mustard Road too. So the Deer have got diverse stuff to grub on too even during more drought times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are the trails me and the kids hike on, its a few miles from the house. Lots of lion activity in there. Been a few “rare behavior for a lion” attacks in that area last few years.

Those are the trails me and the kids hike on, its a few miles from the house. Lots of lion activity in there. Been a few “rare behavior for a lion” attacks in that area last few years.

Yup - I live a stone's throw from Whiting too. Most people forget California's last fatal lion attack was also at Whiting Ranch in 2004. Me and my wife used to hike there often until we ran into someone who had just spotted a lion in broad daylight on the trail a few years ago, now she won't go near it. The twitter comments on the story are pretty ridiculous; lots of outcry over why we couldn't save the poor misguided mountain lion. Give me a break.

Reactions: fish impaler
Yep and you people in California will bow, praise and worship the "Demoncrats". More lion attacks will happen and "NOTHING" will be done.

Yep and you people in California will bow, praise and worship the "Demoncrats". More lion attacks will happen and "NOTHING" will be done.
The “you people “ probably doesn’t apply to many on this forum. People that hunt n fish need to start running for office.

Just saw this fellas...the horror, sure hope they donated the meat from the poor little guy....cat that is.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu