Lion Question ?

Re: Question ?

Well, SCI has reacted already......Got this today......And this guy has a history of wrong doing. This is the gas the anti's have been waiting for........ :mad:

.News Release

July 29, 2015

For Immediate Release

SCI Suspends Membership of Hunter and Professional Hunter Involved in Death of Cecil

Washington, D.C. – Safari Club International (SCI) supports a full and thorough investigation of the circumstances surrounding the death of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe. SCI has imposed immediate emergency membership suspensions of both the involved hunter and his guide/professional hunter, and they will remain in place pending the outcome of an investigation.

Safari Club International condemns unlawful and unethical hunting practices. SCI supports only legal hunting practices and those who comply with all applicable hunting rules and regulations, and SCI believes that those who intentionally take wildlife illegally should be prosecuted and punished to the maximum extent allowed by law.

Safari Club International is a 501(c)4 corporation, has approximately 47,000 members worldwide, many of whom also hunt worldwide. Safari Club's missions include the conservation of wildlife, protection of the hunter’s rights, and education of the public concerning hunting and its use as a conservation and management tool

Americans certainly have thier priorities backwards when news like this is a top story. The fetish for drama and political correctness is a travesty.

I think the dentist is a total knucklehead but there are so many more important news stories that are publicly ignored. Christians are being butchered, and many more modern day holocaust's are going unchecked by the media and the current administration. The social media is loaded with ignorant uneducated lemmings who thrive on taking people down only to make themselves feel better about their pathetic existance. This whole lion thing sheds light on the reality of what is important to the vast American community.

I love my country but I also struggle with the path of destruction we are on. Taking personal responsibility and understanding the price of liberty and freedom has been traded in for an idealism of entitlement and have not's with their hands out. Work hard for less and work less for more. Not good...

Off my rant Fred, but you asked...

SCI should back off. It's not like they're all super ethical sportsman. I could go on and on but the first person investigated should be the guy on their show. I know first hand he's in on some shady stuff and alters film to depict a different picture. Bunch of rich lazy guys that just want a plaque. I use to support for over 15 years but not any more. I can't stand 2 faced organizations. I'd have killed cecil. The guide say kill him ..... cha ching he gone.thats why you pay him. Charge the guide.

NBK said:
Americans certainly have thier priorities backwards when news like this is a top story. The fetish for drama and political correctness is a travesty.

I think the dentist is a total knucklehead but there are so many more important news stories that are publicly ignored. Christians are being butchered, and many more modern day holocaust's are going unchecked by the media and the current administration. The social media is loaded with ignorant uneducated lemmings who thrive on taking people down only to make themselves feel better about their pathetic existance. This whole lion thing sheds light on the reality of what is important to the vast American community.

I love my country but I also struggle with the path of destruction we are on. Taking personal responsibility and understanding the price of liberty and freedom has been traded in for an idealism of entitlement and have not's with their hands out. Work hard for less and work less for more. Not good...

+1 way more important things going on in this world that need addressing. Didn't even flinch at this....

Hit it right on target there. What's also backwards is how the MSM is totally silent on the Planned Parenthood fetus parts scandal, but then a lion gets killed and it's a media frenzy. Or how the MSM is obsessing over Tom Brady's missing cellphone, while no one reports on Hillary's 3 month gap of missing emails that was just revealed. Such a bizarre world we live in today. Sorry for ranting had to do it.

NBK said:

Totally agree. There are videos of planned parenthood negotiating the sale of baby parts and all the libs care about is a lion. Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone so everyone is irate, Hilary Clinton destroys Benghazi emails and no one cares. Back Asswards!!!!

Last I read they have charged the PH, and the ranch owner. Now, they want the 'hunter' if leaving your game to die for two days is a hunter.

I don't think so. But what a black eye it puts on such a noble sport. This just sucks. Yeah, Cecil was pretty but that doesn't mean he needs to die. there are lots of good looking lions to choose from.

And............come on? He was wearing a GPS collar. WTF?

What's next for this guy? Shooting bird dogs? Try that once and if it is my dog you won't be hunting again. Never ever be near a gun. Face down in the dirt.

Sdbirds said:
Did he actively poached this lion?

They lured it off the game preserve by dragging a dead animal from the vehicle. He shot it with an arrow and it ran off wounded for 40 hours before they found it and killed it with a gun shot.

Hard to say that the guides wouldn't have recognized this famous lion and that they wouldn't have seen the collar on it from this close of a distance (assuming he was within a kill range at all).

Rush Limbaugh brought this subject up today......And he was right on like he is most of the time......This is the radical lefts agenda......Plain & simple.....The U.S. fish & wildlife service was brought up as well and he called it right too.....They are nothing but a bunch of lefties/greenies as well......Right On, Right On!

Please read this.....Good piece on why we hunt by Oiliva Nalos Opre........http://usat.ly/1I5gDQF

I agree with what everybody has said up to my post! If this is how it's gonna go, then not long before we go down with it all! Can't believe this is the world we live in!!!

ilovesprig said:
Please read this.....Good piece on why we hunt by Oiliva Nalos Opre........http://usat.ly/1I5gDQF
Good article. The NYT has covered the episode pretty well too. These guys were poaching, and time will tell how much the dentist knew. I won't rush to judgment against anyone, and the mob on FB and yelp offer a good lesson in how NOT to react. This is why we have courts and rules of discovery. Keep calm and carry on...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3182428/Cecil-s-brother-Jericho-shot-dead-poachers-Zimbabwean-park.html

Just saw this on Drudge.. but apparently some poachers killed Cecil's bro too. Why is this news anymore? Let Zimbabwe deal with their own wildlife problems, geez. Get ready for libs gone wild again.

This lion thing is old news I know but a friend sent this to me today so I had to share for u foozball fans out there. Season's close..

c63ac74b352223e82ea5666d794c30bf.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu