Liver

I think (like Steve Rinella aka meateater) that organ meat is the most misunderstood and underutilized part of an animal. I have personally liked liver since I was a child and heart meat as well. Tongue is good stuff as far as I'm concerned as well. My mothers side of the family in New Mexico have been cattle ranchers since the 1700's I used to visit during roundup in the spring when I was young and we ate mountain oysters and brain for the midday meal and I found that enjoyable as well.

Blue cheese deer, elk or pig liver pate' is amazing. See SCH link below for recipe. And add to the recipe is crumble the blue cheese and roll the log in over the cheese. Let is set in the fridge for 24 hours and then have with crackers and an adult beverage.

SCH Liver Pate' Post

I grew up eating all of it..chicken feets in soup, beef heart, liver, tripe, kidneys, fish eggs...and we had to buy it. Hard times and mom had to feed 6 kids, we never complained and loved it all.
I make some mean grill beef hearts skewers..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu