Long Range Hunting Rangefinders

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
What are you guys using? I am not planning on shooting game out at 1000 but I want to get a new rangefinder. I really like the Gunwerks G7 but the price is way up there. I like the idea of the rangefinder handling the ballistics and windage. Anything else out there close to this?

Very similar but still very expensive. I want something that doesn’t require me to use my phone and a kestrel.

Sig Sauer Digital Ballistic Laser Rangefinder Kilo2400ABS

Lieca 900..never lies..tried and true. Range finders are good if you have time to dick around with one..i like the lieca.

I love the idea of it tell you MOA, my old leupold calculated ~MOA based on a "class" of ammo but it wasn't programmable to your exact load / bullet. As of now I plan to keep getting the yardage and look at printout for MOA on my rifle.

I did recently buy the Razor HD 4000, but if I had to go back I would probably buy the Sig Sauer KILO and just connect it to my phone.

I use the BR2 it has been an excellent tool. I hear the Sig is good also. If I had to buy over again I would chose the BR2

Reactions: TRICER
I as well have a g7 br2 and I love it, it’s a little bulky but through practice, reloading, and knowing my rifle I have taken one shot kills out to 500 yards with a 20 mph crosswind, now I wouldn’t recommend taking that shot that far with a crosswind that extreme unless you practice a lot in the wind. Which I do since where I live it’s always windy. Also FHF gear has a perfect made for the G7 br2 pouch that goes with there bino harness so I use all that as well to have quicker access to my rangefinder.

I as well have a g7 br2 and I love it, it’s a little bulky but through practice, reloading, and knowing my rifle I have taken one shot kills out to 500 yards with a 20 mph crosswind, now I wouldn’t recommend taking that shot that far with a crosswind that extreme unless you practice a lot in the wind. Which I do since where I live it’s always windy. Also FHF gear has a perfect made for the G7 br2 pouch that goes with there bino harness so I use all that as well to have quicker access to my rangefinder.
So it is everything they advertise? You download your ballistic into the rangefinder and it does all the dope work? No phone necessary?

I have both the g7 br2 and sig 2400abs. They do the same thing. I like the sig a little more so far due to having the app for my phone, and also the size. I’ve used the g7 for 2 seasons and the sig for 1.

Reactions: NBK and TRICER
So it is everything they advertise? You download your ballistic into the rangefinder and it does all the dope work? No phone necessary?
Yeah download of the key information into the program of the rangefinder which it will hold up to 5 different ones for different loads or rifles and then no need for a phone just as long as your battery is good in your rangefinder.

\
I have both the g7 br2 and sig 2400abs. They do the same thing. I like the sig a little more so far due to having the app for my phone, and also the size. I’ve used the g7 for 2 seasons and the sig for 1.
Garret if you come down for the SCH shoot can you bring both so I can check them out side by side?

** edit ** didn’t realize G7 and sig had build in wind measurements. Makes my comment obsolete.

@Truduct have you looked into the Leica RangeMaster 2800? Seems to do the same thing and the Bluetooth pairs with the kestrel to display real time windage and elevation for $900.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu