Long Season and Nothing to Show.

Me and @Brian marable went out this morning and not a freaking doe....
Yeah I was talking to him and he told me. Saw Rob tagged another one. Absolute killer. Probably last year I draw a D16. Over not seeing bucks. All I ever see is does. But watch next year i'll draw a doe and wont see any and all ill see is bucks.

I haven't seen a buck all rifle season. Maybe one button, but he was too far away to tell for sure. Haven't seen many does either. Fair bit of sign though.

Had a buck opening morning that I should have let the daughter take him but didn't. Live and learn. We did fill the doe tag.
Meat for the freezer.

Keep the boots on the ground, you still have a lot of time left. A lot can happen in 6 days and that one dandy buck that is a canyon or two away may just drop in to work those late bloomer does. Hunt hard and persistent and it will pay off. Tag soup happens but stay with it til last light of last day. I don’t usually struggle too bad in the 16 but this has been one of those few struggle years for me. A lot of time in the glass and haven’t seen a legal buck in the binos yet. But two days ago at 12:00 I was walking out of a spot and a very respectful buck was standing on my trail at 80 yds sniffing around. As I dropped down to share a copper mushroom with him he busted me and bounced. Just the way it goes. Usually by now I have let several yunguns live but that is not the case this year. Seen a lot of does with no visitors. So you are not alone. Just keep at it

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu