look whats at SJ

just a FYI do not shoot them on opening day. i think the opener for them is nov 9th do NOT take my word for it i have no clue about your dates here in so cal.

yes they are Brant....

Reactions: TRICER
i have hunted them a lot in San Quintin Baja. They are one of the dumbest birds on earth so yeah they will commit suicide most times

here is a hunt i shot video for back in the Hi-8 camcorder days guessing mid 90s or something

That's some awesome footage but I don't think it's 4K lol? Reminds me of watching Curt Gowdy when I was a little kid.

I know some guys that used to kayak hunt the in the kelps off point loma, they used to paddle up and sluice them (dumb for sure), not sure if they are still at it not talked to them in awhile.

Ahidog pretty sure you can it's only the snows you cant shoot first few weeks because of the extended white goose season

photo from the same post.......

looks like a orange foot in the first photo and over all shape is not brant like. The other photo shows a neck band but its to far back for a brant.

fuck i duno what they are.....

for years people thought that brant only flew the coast but a few get shot every year in places they do not belong and i have seen them near El Golfo in the sea of cortez so they do fly over land

I'm thinking maybe Aleutians? If you look at the fifth bird from the left on the picture in Aeon's post it appears to have a neck ring in the right place. However, looking at the picture in the OP it does appear to have a little orange where the foot should be so maybe not. Just a guess. Can't really tell by those except they're some type of geese.

If it flies it dies..

Except it's a snow I guess.. once a buddy confused a snow with a seagull somehow. Not to mention the stories I've heard of guys claiming they got "black geese" when they were cormorants.

If it flies it dies..

Except it's a snow I guess.. once a buddy confused a snow with a seagull somehow. Not to mention the stories I've heard of guys claiming they got "black geese" when they were cormorants.
Comorants are delicious, I have one every year on Thanksgiving

Hi, These are 100% White Fronted Geese (Specks). They are not considered a light goose and may be taken on opening day.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu