Looking for a Kodiak Flex Bow Tent

Dawnandusk

Sep 26, 2018
Bonita
I am looking for a Kodiak Flex Bow tent to buy.
If anyone has one and wants to parts ways let me know.
Prefer the 10x14 but 10x10 could make it.

Reactions: TRICER
I have the 9x12 cabin text, absolutely spectacular tent for long camps in rough weather. Flex bow is a great option as well

Reactions: Dawnandusk
The my tent setup for hunting in warm weather. Im using a Outdoor Vital ultralight 3 Season Domain 2 person tent. And my Cold weather Hilleberg Nano Gt 2.....Both of these tents are bullet proof and well worth the money. Check out the Outdoor Vitals site.....there an Ultrlalight company. My 2 cents...

Reactions: Dawnandusk
The my tent setup for hunting in warm weather. Im using a Outdoor Vital ultralight 3 Season Domain 2 person tent. And my Cold weather Hilleberg Nano Gt 2.....Both of these tents are bullet proof and well worth the money. Check out the Outdoor Vitals site.....there an Ultrlalight company. My 2 cents...
I am looking for a “next to the truck camping” kind of tent. And short of a wall tent I think that the flex bow tent is the next best kind.

I have the 10x14 flex bow, with the teepee style side windows, and the ground tarp. Its a no-brainer. Excellent tent. Used one in Arizona on my daughters elk hunt. It snowed all night long and with winds over 50mph. We woke up and it was 18 degrees outside, and a foot of snow. Inside, we were in shorts and t shirts. A Mr buddy heater and its a slam dunk.

I bought mine after that hunt. Ive used it multiple times. This past spring, my wife and I used it in the snow in the sierras. Again, low twenty degrees overnight, high 30s during the day. Solid white from snow. Left the Yetis wide open to fill up with snow. Tent was flawless. Im 6 foot and I can stand up and walk around. With two people, its like a hotel room. I put oversized cots inside, pads, sleeping bag, little table, and a heater and I can still walk around and change clothes. Warm inside. Well built.

Competitive Edge sells them for the best price. You can pick them up in Salt Lake City for the lowest price, at the factory. Otherwise, they take forever to ship and arrive. You can buy the next model down, without the fancy windows, at BPS. They will arrive in a day or so. My buddy bought one from BPS and it came quick, however, no ground tarp or side windows. Wait and get the tarp and side windows. Its a one time purchase, so do it right.

The ground tarp that comes with it is designed to by cut smaller than 10x14 by design. You want all the water to drain off the tent and absorb into the earth. If your tarp muffin tops, it will collect water and get underneath your floor. The tarp is about an inch shy of 10x14.

We place a padded moving blanket on the floor for carpet and insulation. Changing into clothes is nice when your barefoot and the ground is frozen. We also put a cheap rubber welcome mat outside the door so we dont track too much dirt inside. I also bring rubber drink coasters to place the cot feet on top of. Saves the floor of the tent.

You need to realize this thing is nearly 100lbs, so you're not putting it in a backpack, or on a horse. Back of the truck, straight on the ground.

Ive used the tent 3 times already this year. Two weeks ago, we scouted X9A from the tent. A great base camp. Next month, Ill have it up for the entire X9A season if need be. I have all the confidence that I will be dry, warm, and comfortable.

Get one.

I have the 10x14 flex bow, with the teepee style side windows, and the ground tarp. Its a no-brainer. Excellent tent. Used one in Arizona on my daughters elk hunt. It snowed all night long and with winds over 50mph. We woke up and it was 18 degrees outside, and a foot of snow. Inside, we were in shorts and t shirts. A Mr buddy heater and its a slam dunk.

I bought mine after that hunt. Ive used it multiple times. This past spring, my wife and I used it in the snow in the sierras. Again, low twenty degrees overnight, high 30s during the day. Solid white from snow. Left the Yetis wide open to fill up with snow. Tent was flawless. Im 6 foot and I can stand up and walk around. With two people, its like a hotel room. I put oversized cots inside, pads, sleeping bag, little table, and a heater and I can still walk around and change clothes. Warm inside. Well built.

Competitive Edge sells them for the best price. You can pick them up in Salt Lake City for the lowest price, at the factory. Otherwise, they take forever to ship and arrive. You can buy the next model down, without the fancy windows, at BPS. They will arrive in a day or so. My buddy bought one from BPS and it came quick, however, no ground tarp or side windows. Wait and get the tarp and side windows. Its a one time purchase, so do it right.

The ground tarp that comes with it is designed to by cut smaller than 10x14 by design. You want all the water to drain off the tent and absorb into the earth. If your tarp muffin tops, it will collect water and get underneath your floor. The tarp is about an inch shy of 10x14.

We place a padded moving blanket on the floor for carpet and insulation. Changing into clothes is nice when your barefoot and the ground is frozen. We also put a cheap rubber welcome mat outside the door so we dont track too much dirt inside. I also bring rubber drink coasters to place the cot feet on top of. Saves the floor of the tent.

You need to realize this thing is nearly 100lbs, so you're not putting it in a backpack, or on a horse. Back of the truck, straight on the ground.

Ive used the tent 3 times already this year. Two weeks ago, we scouted X9A from the tent. A great base camp. Next month, Ill have it up for the entire X9A season if need be. I have all the confidence that I will be dry, warm, and comfortable.

Get one.
Thank you Paul.
What you said is what I have been reading all over the web, plus @DoubleTrouble gave me pretty much the same input as you. That is the reason I decided to go for it. The bad part is that it has been out of stock everywhere for a long time.
I will keep looking.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu