Looking for a mature hunting partner

Huntersfrient

Sep 30, 2018
Hello there,
I am an experienced big game hunter ( do not hunt Bears or Hogs). I am looking for mature hunting partner(s) in CA as I will be staying here for next couple of years. I do both bow and rifle hunting ( rifle preferred). NO alcohol during the trip at all. Preferred area is D3-D7 but open for other areas too. Let me know if anyone interested.

Thanks much

Couple questions. can you hike and if so how rugged ?

Are you in shape?

Yes I am reasonably in shape. I can hike but have to test my skills in rugged trails. Can you send me google map (coordinates) for the kind of trail you are referring to and the area and I should be able to accurately give my assessment. I have mostly used my ATV to go down deep in woods but unfortunately did not bring it with me to CA. Thx

Take a look at the CNF with ONXHunt app. Look at the change of elevation.
Can you hike in these rugged mountains at least 3 miles..

Thick chaparral makes it tougher.

Reactions: msailor
Take a look at the CNF with ONXHunt app. Look at the change of elevation.
Can you hike in these rugged mountains at least 3 miles..

Thick chaparral makes it tougher.

--------

Yep 3 miles hike in CNF should not be a problem. Not sure about the chaparral part. I have hunted in RM during think snow so I guess this should be fine. But will see. Retrieval will be of concern except if the intention is to pick and choose on parts. I always try to retrieve everything. Do you think ATV is not a possibility in CNF? Also thanks for the tip for ONX maps. Great tool.. I will try to check few areas out in very near future to validate the accuracy of this tool. If it works I am in business.... :)))))

There are some areas of the CNF where ATVs are allowed and can be useful.. look up OHV trails. However, there can be restrictions such as during elevated fire risks and closed gates when the trails get washed out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There are some areas of the CNF where ATVs are allowed and can be useful.. look up OHV trails. However, there can be restrictions such as during elevated fire risks and closed gates when the trails get washed out.h

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Hi Surfnhunt
Are talking about BLM?
I have not seen OHV allowed on
CNF except places gare like corral canyon and mcCain valley. Except no hunting in the parks
LB

I think we need some more clarity on this mature hunting partner

Hair color....
Eye Color.....
Male or Female.....

Just busting your balls but my adult content filter definitely blocked this thread lol. The title looks more like it should be on eharmony.

Not a lot of OHV access in CA and it is heavily regulated. D12 is a unit where a quad or side by side would be great. I think the BLM land is a lot more open to OHV. Honestly I like it that way. The less access to OHV the more chance I have of getting game.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu