Looking for Female yellow Lab.

New pup on the way. I decided to go with same breeder of our female Grace, Elite Labradors, Central Valley Utah Not advertising for them !
But pups had the exact pedigrees I was looking for !
We have been very happy with Grace who is 11 and losing her mojo a bit and is having Some liver issues.
Pups were born on 11/18. Should have same time in January. Really looking forward to bringing her home.
Owner of female has 1st pick, wanting a black female only. Owner of male has 2nd pick and also wants a black female only. Me, third pick, but first choice of yellow females.
11 pups born, 6 black males, four black females and one yellow female . I guess she’s mine !! Lol !!
2nd picture sent this am . Getting everything ready for her arrival !

Attachments

• 8B0B2506-8D4F-413F-91E1-5A585D1B32C7.png
    8B0B2506-8D4F-413F-91E1-5A585D1B32C7.png
    704.5 KB · Views: 39
  • A58C2C60-3364-4AE3-9C70-3F94EBF74B0F.png
    A58C2C60-3364-4AE3-9C70-3F94EBF74B0F.png
    844.2 KB · Views: 37
New pup on the way. I decided to go with same breeder, Elite Labradors, Central Valley Utah. Not advertising for them !
But pups had the exact pedigrees I was looking for !
We have been very happy with our current yellow female Grace who is 11 and losing her mojo a bit and is having liver issues.
Pups were born on 11/18. Should have same time in January. Really looking forward to bringing her home.
Owner of female has 1st pick, wanting a black female only. Owner of male has 2nd pick and also wants a black female only. Me, third pick, but first choice of yellow females.
11 pups born, 6 black males, four black females and one yellow female . I guess she’s mine !! Lol !!
2nd picture sent this am . Getting everything ready for her arrival !

Must be a Utah thing w/Labs. I picked up a chocolate male from Performance Labradors in UT back in August.

Quite a few Lab breeders in Utah ! Scott at Elite Labs is putting out a good product, has a nice place there near Richfield.
Plus was that I’ve dealt with him before and he had the pedigrees that I was looking for in a good gundog/ family dog.

I almost got a pup from Scott at Elite, wound up getting a pup from Flat lander in Nebraska and she is a total washout #housepet.

a chance meeting i got a started lab from a guy in south dakota, I WILL never own a puppy again. Started dogs are the only way to fly!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
Richard Cole will have pups ready in February. Anyone interested can have a great started dog for next season.

I guess for some a started dog would be ok; but for me I want the whole puppy experience(s) and adventures!
I could do without the potty training part, but still would rather have that early imprinting on me and the family !

Reactions: ilovesprig
I guess for some a started dog would be ok; but for me I want the whole puppy experience(s) and adventures!
I could do without the potty training part, but still would rather have that early imprinting on me and the family !

I agree, Kevin......Taking the bad with the eventual good.....I have a bunch of furniture I can give you for the 1st year.......... :joy:

• Haha
Reactions: socalhntr
Started dog or puppy is absolutely a personal choice. I raise several pups a year for folks who do not want to deal with the chores of a puppy. As far as bonding within 2 weeks if the pup is raised and socialized correctly that pup will be yours heart and soul.

As far as training , a started dog will save you a lot on trainnig fees. This also depends on what level you are looking for , but a started dog ( a true started dog) will operated well within the normal hunters expectations and you will have saved a lot of time and a good amount of cash.

Shadowlawnskysthelimit , kudos to you for sticking with your original breeder , if it's not broke don't fix it and both breeders and trainers appreciate loyalty.

Ateam, I wish I had the time to train dogs for people; maybe in retired life !
I started training dogs at 12; Dad & Mom raised Springers and Cockers, and later English Cockers.
I started with showing Cockers; in fact Dad always said the best hunting dog he ever had was Cocker. That was until his Uncles took her to the Colorado River, no ducks were flying so they proceeded to shoot 100 + Coots over her. Dad was pissed, said she was ruined after that .
I enjoyed showing dogs but once I got into hunting ducks and geese and saw what a Lab could do !
I was hooked ! First Lab I trained I used a book, Training you Retreiver by James Lambfree. Book was published in the 60’s originally, you can still find it online. During that time period he was considered one of the best trainers.
This pup coming will our 4th Lab. I’m looking forward to the training and eventually time in the field !

Reactions: ilovesprig
Home safe and sound ! Meet Scout boys and girls. She did great on the drive home; and is fitting in great with the other dogs.
Wife is smitten !
Thanks to Scott at Elite Labs !
On live birds since week 5 , already knows sit command and has great recognition.
Now the work begins ! Lol !!!

Reactions: Aeon
You’re killing me ! I don’t NEED another pup . Mine is 8 and a handful . But like labsrule I like her . Oldquack 49

Reactions: MasonP
If that puppy pic with her looking up in love doesn’t melt your heart you don’t deserve a dog ! Still really like her as a young lady . Old Quack 49

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu