Looking for partner in the temecula area

Bronkorob

Dec 24, 2018
35 year old in temecula. Ive been out of the hunting game for 10-12 years now. Did some bow hunting and coyote hunting in Utah when I was in my early teens/20s. Wanting to get back into it now. Im getting back into coyote hunting, done a few solot morning trips so far. Hoping this will also allow me to scout out areas for deer as well.

Im finding that upland game seems to be a big deal out here, but ive never done it, but interested.

Id like to get back into the groove with some folks over the next year or so. I have a 5 year old son I would like to get involved in some way once I get re-established and with the area.

Dawnandusk

Sep 26, 2018
Bonita
35 year old in temecula. Ive been out of the hunting game for 10-12 years now. Did some bow hunting and coyote hunting in Utah when I was in my early teens/20s. Wanting to get back into it now. Im getting back into coyote hunting, done a few solot morning trips so far. Hoping this will also allow me to scout out areas for deer as well.

Im finding that upland game seems to be a big deal out here, but ive never done it, but interested.

Id like to get back into the groove with some folks over the next year or so. I have a 5 year old son I would like to get involved in some way once I get re-established and with the area.
First of all " Welcome to ACH"
I live in San Diego but I want to start scouting for Turkey in an area that is in between San Diego and Temecula. We could get together and check it out.
I also have a son ( 28 years old) that I got interested in hunting.
Let me know.

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Rob,

Welcome to SCH.....This season (most game) is winding down, but turkey season starts March 30th.....Plenty of time to scout and hunt varmints.

The NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up is Feb 23rd.....Great time for both you and your son.

Bronkorob

Dec 24, 2018
Thanks for the info guys.

Dawnanddusk I might take you up on that.

ilovesprig I will get that on my calendar. Even though most hunts are done and over with, I used to have a good time coyote hunting as a kid. Hoping between now and next season, chasing coyotes wil get me familiar with some of the local areas and ready for next season.

this would be my first turkey hunt...good enough of a reason for me to eat some tastes turkey twice a year.

Dec 28, 2018

I'm only about a half hour north of you. I have two daughters 5 and 7 that want to hunt too. I'm new to the forum, but not new to hunting.

Bronkorob

Dec 24, 2018
I'm only about a half hour north of you. I have two daughters 5 and 7 that want to hunt too. I'm new to the forum, but not new to hunting.
nice! where abouts are you? I took my son out over the christmas break to scout out some areas between Aguanga and Mountain Center. Was testing his patience and willingness to sit still and watch. Was a challenge at times. Didnt see much, but it as more about seeing how he does and checking out some new areas. He seemed pretty excited about it.

48932574_10213678192568783_7876869832161886208_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 28, 2018
nice! where abouts are you? I took my son out over the christmas break to scout out some areas between Aguanga and Mountain Center. Was testing his patience and willingness to sit still and watch. Was a challenge at times. Didnt see much, but it as more about seeing how he does and checking out some new areas. He seemed pretty excited about it.

View attachment 37557

That's cool you took your boy out. This is a good time to learn how to scout and glass. He's young, so sitting still is a hard thing to do. I remember quite well all the smacks upside the head from fidgeting too much in the duck blind. I tried!!

About me, I'm about ten minutes away from Lake Perris, in Nuevo. Some deer in my local hills too, but they can be very hard to find. I haven't seen one yet, but I've found lots of tracks and scat. I've kicked around the idea of getting a tag for the area just to see if I can get one, but I know way better areas for deer.