Looks like the valley is getting whacked

I just drove in from New mexico by way of Yuma and can confirm that the area got drenched. Lots of puddles and ponds all over. As an aside, the Pronghorn are looking good in central NM.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
The valley took rain in different spots... Imperial got hit hard for 20 minutes but Holtville only got some drizzle... just an example. The good thing is the deserts got much needed rain. I think the "guzzler hunters" might be a lil pissed off since the deer can now drink in natural pockets of water elsewhere. I know the desert is mighty thirsty and water might be gone fast but I hope the rain hangs around a bit more but it looks like it's heading towards AZ now.

Archery opener is this coming weekend and it'll be nice the have the ground cleared of old tracks ;-). Heading out Friday for camp.

The valley took rain in different spots... Imperial got hit hard for 20 minutes but Holtville only got some drizzle... just an example. The good thing is the deserts got much needed rain. I think the "guzzler hunters" might be a lil pissed off since the deer can now drink in natural pockets of water elsewhere. I know the desert is mighty thirsty and water might be gone fast but I hope the rain hangs around a bit more but it looks like it's heading towards AZ now.

Archery opener is this coming weekend and it'll be nice the have the ground cleared of old tracks ;-). Heading out Friday for camp.
Hi IVhunter
Good luck and fortune.
Perfect timing old tracks gone
And new fresh tracks my kind of hunting. That's why I like fresh snow on the ground with fresh tracks.
Leads me right to deer
LB

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu