Meow

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Got a late start to the morning, hitting up the spot I tagged out last year. Hiking in there was a ton of sign, fresh deer, bobcat, and lion. So I decided to still hunt my way to the glassing knob.

i came across 4 of these on the trail and took a picture to see if anyone could confirm it was a lion scrape. It looked like two large rear paws piling up dirt like I’ve seen cats and d

86435F6E-7F6A-4A9D-8B01-EAF77E71DDB7.jpeg

a little after I took this photo I had a buck flash by at 150yards. He was moving fast and no time to react.

I go to wrap around the hill he crested and after seeing nothing, with my buddy glassing behind me he spots this guy. I ranged him at 306 yards and took a photo before he disappeared

19CD00DE-C7F6-4775-AA45-DAB9E962522C.jpeg

saw a few more doe and it got hot out. Glad I was able to get a photo. He was a big cat for sure.

Got a late start to the morning, hitting up the spot I tagged out last year. Hiking in there was a ton of sign, fresh deer, bobcat, and lion. So I decided to still hunt my way to the glassing knob.

i came across 4 of these on the trail and took a picture to see if anyone could confirm it was a lion scrape. It looked like two large rear paws piling up dirt like I’ve seen cats and d

View attachment 46826

a little after I took this photo I had a buck flash by at 150yards. He was moving fast and no time to react.

I go to wrap around the hill he crested and after seeing nothing, with my buddy glassing behind me he spots this guy. I ranged him at 306 yards and took a photo before he disappeared

View attachment 46827

saw a few more doe and it got hot out. Glad I was able to get a photo. He was a big cat for sure.
you need to try one of those new camera's that use the old powder flash.... lol some of those new cameras even allow you to touch the object that you took a picture of....

Reactions: tonyjohnson619
Yep that is a mountain lion scrape. I won’t say 100% but it sure looks like it to me.

yeah I looked it up online and after seeing a few videos and photo pretty much 100% it was lion scrapes.

the photo didn’t do it justice of size and detail.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu