Mixed bag goodness.

SteveHazard

Oct 24, 2018
Went out for the day last Friday by myself for some quail, dove, and cottontail hunting. No dog, no problem. Aside from ripping some feathers off a couple birds that kept on going I'd say it turned out to be one of my better days. They are out there, just have to put down the miles and the strategies to get it done. Put in about 13 miles this day so if anybody is wondering how far they should be hiking around to be successful it's a good amount.

20191115_165709.jpg

And a good bit of it is side-hilling on steep slopes where seemingly rocket-proppelled Quail occasionally launch out from the brush and make use of the prevailing winds as kind of a Turbo Boost! Unreal how fast they are there!

Great haul! Great time of year when all the upland game is open. You really took advantage of it.

Can’t wait for the next vid to drop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Definitely a fun day out. A lot of footage I have to go though to get this one into a vid... so much I ran out of batteries and didn't get the last two quail and bunny on cam but still got some really cool footage. I hit three birds in a row on one flush but only the first one went down. The next two had very clear feather puffs but they kept on going. Particularly the last one... I swear sometimes the pellets must just skim over their feathers but their body just finds the right gap in a pattern at range that they get lucky.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu