Mmmmmm - Bacon - Yum!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
"You made too much bacon" said no-one!

A 13 pound hog belly, 9 days in the maple/brown sugar brine, dried and peppered generously and 180º set temp on the bull until 150º was achieved. Bacon - its what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Couldn't be happier! I ran a smoke tube with hickory to help get a more dense flavor.

Had to make a BLT & avocado to test it out. It didn't suck...

20210407_190644.jpg20210406_000436.jpg20210407_190938.jpg20210407_194539.jpg

Oh man oh man!! I got a big fat pork belly in the freezer just waiting to transform into delicious bacon. Thank you for the inspiration to make that happen!

I cure mine for 12 days in frig. in large baggie, turning over every day, then put them on rack in frig. for two more days to start drying process. I smoke to same temp. of 150 deg. Then back ing baggies and into frig. overnight, helps meat absorb flavor and makes for easier slicing, IMHO.

Looks awesome! This is what I love about you John, if you are gonna do something you go 110%. Good stuff keep it coming.

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu