Montana Pheasant Opener 2020

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Here in Montana you can start hunting pheasant at 30 minutes before sunrise...With the amount of young roosters we saw, we decided to start when the sun was up (7:38 am)...Driving to our pre scouting spots, we see a number of birds in a BMA field...They flushed wild into some private and no permish was given...Next was a field where Mike and I had seen a bunch...The only problem was, we can only hunt the back of the acreage...Big ditch and good cover...As usual, when we got to the end, they started flushing...I drop the 1st one and Mike drops two...Mine apparently had a little life and right next to where he folded was a drain pipe...Never found him...Next field was surrounded with a great ditch...I went one way with Trigger and Mike and Ronnie went the other...Right off, Trigger flushes 4 roosters, but no shot...A little further and he flushes a single cock and I drop him...Another 100 yds and up comes another...Down he goes...2 in the bag...The next spot was a big tule patch and bog...Trigger and Beau go in and start flushing roosters...Mike and I both get one and we're done...Ronnie has to go...So, we call it a morning at 10:00 am...Back at it tomorrow...High winds and possible rain should be fun...lol

.017 (2).JPG002.JPG007.JPG028.JPG043.JPG053.JPG064.JPG066.JPG

When are you moving? Looks like another great trip Steve.

Matt,

Probably never...Still like the weather of Cali and Stefanie & Jacob are having a baby in January...Plus, my mom & dad are still alive...Made a lot of new friends here, even if cousin Ron ever pulls the pin out of here...Really do love it though.

.020.JPG

Trigger is a machine. Looks like he was working hard but always ready for more.

The old guy made a retrieve on a wing tipped bird that had a 80 yd head start on him today...No match for the Trigger man...lol

ps...Sad to see how hard it is for him to recover from a morning hunting...He'll be 11 Dec 6th.

.008.JPG

The old guy made a retrieve on a wing tipped bird that had a 80 yd head start on him today...No match for the Trigger man...lol

ps...Sad to see how hard it is for him to recover from a morning hunting...He'll be 11 Dec 6th.

.View attachment 46300
Old Trigger man is probably saying the same thing about you ,

Joking aside , it is tough to see our pups age , do you take an antiflammatory on the trip for him? I can send you some user friendly suggestions if you'd like.

Old Trigger man is probably saying the same thing about you ,

Joking aside , it is tough to see our pups age , do you take an antiflammatory on the trip for him? I can send you some user friendly suggestions if you'd like.

He probably does say the same thing about me...We're about the same age in dog years...lol

I give him pills...By the next morning he's ready to go.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu