Do You Agree with the president

• Yes I do

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • no I dont

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I dont care

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
More gun control... yeah, like that’s solved anything. I also think the red flag law is bs! Piss off an ex girlfriend or family member and they can have everything that shoots taken from you without due process. All on an allegation! I understand what the law would be intended for, and I don’t necessarily disagree, but it WILL be abused.

AND, if you want your guns back?... good luck!
All you’re gonna get is a BB gun... maybe.

To be honest the red flag laws that I have read the details of appear to be grandstanding as they are really no different then a restraining order which already existed.
One thing I think is a flaw is somebodies history of indirect threats is only considered if targeted toward an individual entity or person.

The one they mentioned a few years ago that really raised my eyebrows was this bullshit of having doctors asking people if there were guns in the home!

And they were talking about automatically yanking your rights if you just so happened to take certain meds!

I think it is insanely stupid that all these folks thinks that if someone is taking an anti-depressant med... that they should have their firearms yanked. Are you freaking kidding me? Freakin idiots!!... yeah.. let's just scare people into NOT getting a little help with hard periods in their life.

People have this WILDLY wrong perception of what taking an anti-depressant does to a person. I've been on them before. Such as when dealing with relationship static, and later divorce. And it's like... Trust Me.. you WANT these people on those meds! Allows you to be able to be calm when directly confronted with someone who is trying like hell to push your buttons.

Now... full disclosure... just like any med out there... there is a freak small percentage of the population where it affects them adversely. And we also know the incidence of adverse effects is higher in young ones. Teens to early 20's. But... just like with a Blood Pressure med or any other freaking med on the planet... sometimes you have to try a few different ones until you find the one that you and your body tolerate well. Then your Golden.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
The one they mentioned a few years ago that really raised my eyebrows was this bullshit of having doctors asking people if there were guns in the home!

And they were talking about automatically yanking your rights if you just so happened to take certain meds!

I think it is insanely stupid that all these folks thinks that if someone is taking an anti-depressant med... that they should have their firearms yanked. Are you freaking kidding me? Freakin idiots!!... yeah.. let's just scare people into NOT getting a little help with hard periods in their life.

People have this WILDLY wrong perception of what taking an anti-depressant does to a person. I've been on them before. Such as when dealing with relationship static, and later divorce. And it's like... Trust Me.. you WANT these people on those meds! Allows you to be able to be calm when directly confronted with someone who is trying like hell to push your buttons.

Now... full disclosure... just like any med out there... there is a freak small percentage of the population where it affects them adversely. And we also know the incidence of adverse effects is higher in young ones. Teens to early 20's. But... just like with a Blood Pressure med or any other freaking med on the planet... sometimes you have to try a few different ones until you find the one that you and your body tolerate well. Then your Golden.

I also believe that if you have a prescription for medical marijuana, you’re gun rights are no longer valid, at least in this state.

Also to comment about anti depressants and losing your gun rights, it is true and happening. A good friend of mine, US Army veteran of three Iraq tours is silently dealing with PTSD. He doesn’t have it as bad as some, but he is affected by it nonetheless. He refuses to get medical help because he is a huge 2a supporter. He has seen many of his veteran brothers seek medical treatment, and instantly lose their 2a rights. If they already own weapons, they are confiscated. These aren’t guys threatening anyone either, they are just dealing with the trauma of war and trying to wrap their heads around what they have seen and dealing with being normal at home.

Long story shorter? People are lazy and don't want to have to adopt any new behaviours that demand action on their part.

The population keeps going up and up. WTF did you think was gonna happen in terms of violence escalation? Duh!

In all species... when the population goes up... competition for resources goes up. Which leads to increased conflict. It's just a given.

I don't understand how it is that some folks can't just acknowledge that there are members of the Human species who are simply going to choose to go the route of jacking everybody else to obtain the resources they need. Except for the social consequences we've added onto this... it's a rather efficient and direct way to collect resources. Let the other mofo do the hard work... then.. swoop in and steal his kill, so-to-speak. This is played out all over the place in the animal kingdom.

Novel idea? Why not prepare yourself so if this happens, you're prepared? It's just an ounce of prevention. An ounce!

In conversations I've had with non-gun types... when the topic of arming teachers came up a while back... you would NOT believe how many of them thought "What good would it to do have a little pistol against somebody with an AR15?"

It's soo bizarre!!! In their minds they attribute invincible God-Like powers to an AR and anyone wielding an AR. Like somehow magically the guy holding the AR isn't going to evade when somebody else is shooting back at them? Are you kidding me? They couldn't wrap their head around the concept that the lesser firearm would even have a chance! That somehow sporting a rifle of greater energy nullifies the rounds in the lesser energy weapon. Un...friggin...real.

Long story shorter? People are lazy and don't want to have to adopt any new behaviours that demand action on their part.

The population keeps going up and up. WTF did you think was gonna happen in terms of violence escalation? Duh!

In all species... when the population goes up... competition for resources goes up. Which leads to increased conflict. It's just a given.

I don't understand how it is that some folks can't just acknowledge that there are members of the Human species who are simply going to choose to go the route of jacking everybody else to obtain the resources they need. Except for the social consequences we've added onto this... it's a rather efficient and direct way to collect resources. Let the other mofo do the hard work... then.. swoop in and steal his kill, so-to-speak. This is played out all over the place in the animal kingdom.

Novel idea? Why not prepare yourself so if this happens, you're prepared? It's just an ounce of prevention. An ounce!

In conversations I've had with non-gun types... when the topic of arming teachers came up a while back... you would NOT believe how many of them thought "What good would it to do have a little pistol against somebody with an AR15?"

It's soo bizarre!!! In their minds they attribute invincible God-Like powers to an AR and anyone wielding an AR. Like somehow magically the guy holding the AR isn't going to evade when somebody else is shooting back at them? Are you kidding me? They couldn't wrap their head around the concept that the lesser firearm would even have a chance! That somehow sporting a rifle of greater energy nullifies the rounds in the lesser energy weapon. Un...friggin...real.

Pop em with a BB gun, and they’ll likely drop like a little baby!

Don't laugh! Even AirSoft pellets sting like a Beyotch when they hit ya at the right spots. Took one point-blank to the proximal beginning tip of my collarbone. Fahrveknugen that freakin' hurt!

My boy took one to the back of his hand. He didn't have on the liner gloves I'd given him and told him to put on. Was proud of him though.. he held it together and fought back the tears in front of all those older boys! And that kinda hit would hurt big time with no fat in that area.

I also got lit up on my love-handle region. It breaks skin.

It's fun as heck though when you catch others in uncovered places!!! I pinged three shots of this young adults forehead a cm above his goggles. I KNOW that isht stung like a mofo, HaHA! Plus caught him a few times on the back of his hand where it was holding his rifle as he began to extend his rifle out a window opening to attempt a shot. All the while I was badgering him vocally to really get in his head :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuevo
No doubt, those things hurt like hell! When I was a kid, my brother had a air powered pellet gun. I was his favorite target, and I still have the scars to show for it.

My oldest brother... had to go to the hospital... him and his friends... they had the same make and model pellet rifle. While they were out and about in the fields... both rifles had been thrown/put on the ground at the same area. Well... then the other kid... knowing HIS rifle was unloaded... picks it up... unknowingly picking up my brother loaded pellet gun... then he proceeds to, in horse-play, shoot my brother in the gut. I still remember him showing me the pellet hole, after all these years.

Turns out this would not be the first time my brother would go on to be shot at. But those are stories for another day.

Reactions: Smokey58

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu