Most significant hunting and fishing memories of 2016

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
My most significant hunting and fishing memories this year where killing my first green head, killing the first turkey I've ever killed solo, catching my Tennessee personal best with a buddy I met on my first day out here and put in at least 150 hours on that same little lake, and killing a whole mess of ducks with my best friend.
f3c738443afe712062052e94bade5450.png
25f35ac5953f9b76141d0c11b2a81477.png
515a4d623a87aaa54aedd16e5ce0175e.png
7e14aca2274834e820b43b98cc0345c8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20160901_110413.jpg IMG_0033.jpg A good memory this year was Yuma dove opener. My buddy, his grandson and I (right) all shot limits plus 61 Eurasians. Just a great opener for us. Just the birds are from the morning shoot, and the group photo was the afternoon shoot with the majority being Eurasians. Looking forward to 2017! Happy New Year to All!

Last edited:
Awesome pics.
Double-teamed thus bull in CO with my brother with no time to spare before dark. I swear it sounded like WWI as the bull ran across that field , but we got him down before he reached the timber. At first I thought we just scared him to death.
IMG_2500.JPG
First Archery buck ever:
IMG_2483.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rad pics all.

2016 Was a very cool year on our end. Jan 1 my business partner and I took over management of a campground directly on the Colorado River south of Blythe. That meant lots of local hunting and fishing.
First Flathead 40 pounds
kBxx62g.jpg

First, second hand bass boat
7g0hpp4.jpg

First real dog (died in a accident labor day weekend)
Ajy0buf.jpg

Fish fish and more fish with my 5 and 7 year old kids (we spent the entire summer at the camp)
5 yr old
M9vEZaN.jpg

7 yr old
rS51vG8.jpg

UXw9kcO.jpg

IzZropO.jpg

YYZ17sx.jpg

5rIAkfh.jpg

Got more flatheads
BSPSVM6.jpg

Did our weekly laundry on the river
cCSN8pN.jpg

Got to watch my boys really spread their wings and do stuff on their own
YH9FgD1.jpg

Gig'd and ate frogs all summer long
SoNYn19.jpg

Got my second real dog after the first one died
ERBe9vJ.jpg

Old mine exploring
TwyrYcy.jpg

For dove season I got an AZ combo license and hunted across the river mostly so my oldest son was able to hunt with me and watching him bang away with a old pump 20 guage until his shoulder was black and blue was so cool. He didn't drop any birds but definitely knocked the tail feathers off a couple and really enjoyed himself. I regret not taking pictures of his first ever real hunt.

Shot several desert coyotes also throughout this past year, got another one last Friday afternoon and all in all had one hell of a 2016.

Last edited:
I didnt hunt once this year :( - But had some 1st fishing

First Limit of Yellowfin and experienced Bloody Decks... Boat limited out... great trip

View media item 13
First Yellowfin - Got 3

View media item 10
Usually I fly to Washington and we go up to Canada and fish the Vedder River in Oct. But this time my father, brother, son and I did a Tuna Trip..

They all got at least 2 yellowfin -

View media item 12View media item 11

2016 was a great year for me and my son. My son got his first turkey, first ginormous long beard, and first three bird limit all in one season. And I got my long awaited San Diego bow deer after a long time since my last bow harvest. 2016 was a wonderful year.

.IMG_5997.JPG IMG_5955.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
2016 was a great year for me and my son. My son got his first turkey, first ginormous long beard, and first three bird limit all in one season. And I got my long awaited San Diego bow deer after a long time since my last bow harvest. 2016 was a wonderful year.

The shot with your son is so rad! How old is he?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu