Moving back

Drake Dunn

Nov 28, 2016
Well after a couple years of moving to other states. I’m coming back to CA. Missing family, friends, out door activities (hunting,fishing, spear fishing to much).

That being said I know rules have changed for guns since 2019. Ammo looks next to impossible to find and the buying a gun issue seems to be next to impossible.
My question for everyone. What do I need to buy (South Carolina resident) before moving back to commifornia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after a couple years of moving to other states. I’m coming back to CA. Missing family, friends, out door activities (hunting,fishing, spear fishing to much).

That being said I know rules have changed for guns since 2019. Ammo looks next to impossible to find and the buying a gun issue seems to be next to impossible.
My question for everyone. What do I need to buy (South Carolina resident) before moving back to commifornia?

Buy every gun you think you will ever need, and buy massive quantities of ammo. Do not buy in Cal. and pay stupid state taxes.

Buy every gun you think you will ever need, and buy massive quantities of ammo. Do not buy in Cal. and pay stupid state taxes.

Sorta what I was thinking. I was contemplating on getting a new hunting rifle for back west. But idk if it’s even worth it. Think I’d rather spend the 6-1200$ on ammo.

The 105+ weather for 4-5 months is to much for me anymore. You walk outside and sweat within 3 seconds.

Heat + humidity + high due point = miserable living. That is the very reason I got out of Wisconsin, it had nothing to do with cold winter. I spent most of my summers sitting in the rock River fishing. If you can stay in the water, the humidity doesn't bother you as bad.

Reactions: Drake Dunn
Welcome back...As bad as folks say it is, it still has a lot to offer....Like has been mentioned, buy as much ammo and guns you need...Remember though, Cali is ALL non-lead...So finding steel in other states ain't that easy...Wal-Mat seems to be the only outlet that readily sells it...All the best

Reactions: Drake Dunn
Heat + humidity + high due point = miserable living. That is the very reason I got out of Wisconsin, it had nothing to do with cold winter. I spent most of my summers sitting in the rock River fishing. If you can stay in the water, the humidity doesn't bother you as bad.

Exactly this. I love the other seasons here. But owning a construction company means I’m outside 99% of the time doing work. Which is absolutely terrible. I’m always hot and irritated

Exactly this. I love the other seasons here. But owning a construction company means I’m outside 99% of the time doing work. Which is absolutely terrible. I’m always hot and irritated

San Diego
Has been hot and humid the last couple years 110 this weekend.
Don't Do It

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu