Mule deer and their behavior

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
So I'm pumped for D16......yep I sound like a newbie but I'm uping my game this year.
Anyway I have 3 newbies that have come close but haven't close the deal. So I'm in teaching mode with them and wanted to pass on info to the you guys here.

Watch the video and see what you can pick up on their behavior and let's discuss it here for all to add to and learn.

https://www.pbs.org/video/nature-touching-wild/

Awesome documentary! Watched it years ago. Just shows that deer are awesome animals living their life in the wild while surviving, thriving and dying. I can relate to that rancher/scientist. Watching deer in their habitat is the real reason I like deer hunting. Shooting them doesn’t really excite me or give me any pleasure. This documentary is definitely not a motivator to shoot a buck... Haha!

As I understand it, Joe will NOT discuss deer or turkey hunting. His insights are going to be kept to himself. And frankly, after having some experience at wildlife that was, to say the least, improbable, I can understand his viewpoint.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu