My first Forum

MWest

Mar 31, 2014
Hello;
I've never been on/in a forum site before. Have no idea what I am supposed to be trying to do or how. Couldn't figure out how to introduce myself on the newbie page. Tried to contact someone and got this message.
"You are not permitted to post replies to topics on this board."
I don't really understand what I'm doing right now. This window just popped up so I started writing.
I hope this is read by someone but it doesn't have a "TO:" place and I wouldn't know who "TO:" anyway.
Could someone tell me where the instructions are?

Michael

Hi Michael. No worries. I'm sure SCH1 or someone else will get you squared away. Welcome to the forum. Where do you live in SCAL?

Sent via Tapatalk

Alright MWest, I think you got it figured out. Nice talking to you today.

Give us a little info about you and where you are located. It may help locate other hunters in your area. Good luck. If you have any questions, feel free to message or call.

I live in Anaheim, Orange County. Just got off the phone with a site administrator. Very helpful. Found out that I started a "thread" and what that is. Learning.
Do you hunt big game in SoCal? Looking for big game hunters i can meet and maybe go hunting with. Interested in Hog and Deer.

Welcome to the SCH forum MWest. I did a good job figuring it out!

Welcome to the board Mike, I work in Anaheim. There are some really good people on this board.

Ah, welcome to the wonderful world of internet forums! Where you can find some of the best...and some of the worst...information available anywhere in the world. Since this is a very civil forum, you probably won't be flamed often (flamed = being told what an idiot you are for asking a question or making a statement perceived as idiotic, foolish, inappropriate, politically incorrect, etc.), unless you make claims that are outrageous or insulting. And even then, I don't think the mods (moderators) will let it get very far!

Over the years, forums have become my favorite places to get information from people who know what they're talking about (or not). I've joined forums for everything from troubleshooting computer servers to metal machining to home gunsmithing to long-range shooting to decoy carving to surf fishing to Jeep aficionados to hunting and fishing to dog training....

Some people have migrated from internet forums to Facebook. I personally HATE Facebook, and find their format annoying. It's probably easier to share pictures on FB, but whatever.

The best advice for new denizens of the Forest of Forums: learn to use the search button! Almost any question you might ask has already been asked. For example, "where can I hunt deer in Southern California?" or, "where are all the pigs I've heard about in San Diego?", or "how can I train my dog to seat on a duck?" (that was an epic thread!).

So welcome, and enjoy!

Welcome! Forums are a great place to find information and meet other people. None of my friends hunt so all of my hunting partners are members whom I've met through forums.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu