My last cat...probably!

White Smoke

Black powder rules!
May 2, 2011
Encinitas, CA
After our illustrious Governor here in Kalifornia slapped a ban on bobcats for absolutely no reason at all and against the advice of the Department of Fish & Wildlife, I figured I had better get out and get one last cat. A buddy and I went out a few weeks ago. The fourth stand produced "eyes" at about the two-minute mark. I put this female down with an AR at 50 yards shooting a Barnes 55 grain MPG behind 23.0 grains of H335 at 2809 f/s. She dropped like a rock! Neither my buddy or I could believe the size of this cat. It was easily the biggest bobcat I have ever seen, and we are both VERY experienced hunters. We estimated her weight at between 35 and 40 pounds. Her head was at my chest when her feet were touching the ground. The picture of her on the hood of a full-size Chevrolet Silverado and the paw against my hand should give you some idea of her size. She is now at the taxidermist awaiting a full mount.FB_IMG_1575749477739.jpg20191206_214000.jpgPaw.jpg

Way to stick it to CA!! Nice cat for sure.

Nice job !!!!!!!! I would love to have the larger breed of cat laying across your hood but, we know how the people in Sacramento are..... May 2020 bring them grief and the end to them...

Reactions: YETI
Congrats on the big kitty...It figures this is probably the 1st season in years that I have not seen a bobcat.

Reactions: YETI
Congrats on the great harvest! I got out on the last day of the year to fill my tag as well. Called a female into 16 yards...
Who’s doing your mount? I’d like to do the same.
b564d704cb57d413cbe0e8c3dd4758c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one twice that size up by Angeles Rifle Range. I know because he tried to bump my car off the road.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu