Mystery Ranch popup 28 mod

InDeepShip

Nov 7, 2021
Decided to try and see if the daypack lid would fit on the 28 and see if it looked fucky. It ended up looking pretty well and adds a decent amount for this little bag. Now I can stretch this bag out to 3 days with out skimping on the comforts

1638060989753.png
1638060998753.png
1638061006929.png

Reactions: DanSanDiego
I did that samething to my mystery popup 38 and to my sawtooth 45. Made a Hugh difference on what i carry and what I now have easy access too. Love that I can drop the pack and take the lid take off with only it as a fanny pack or light weigh pack. That's a game changer for me

I love my 28. It is true that to be comfortable in an overnight hunt more room is in need. But for a day hunt, the little 28 is just awesome. Compact, tight and comfortable.
I really wanted to try overnight hunts, I needed more room so I bought the M.R Selway 60 which I found on sale because it was discontinued. The frame on the Selway is the same frame the Meltalf uses, so I ever wanted a bigger pack I could buy the Metcalf bag only.

Despite loving the MR packs, I will say they are heavy compare to the ones I wanted to buy but they were out of my budget: Seek Outside & Stone Glacier. Those extra ounces do matter when you have to carry the freaking water.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu