Need deer and turkey hunters from NorCal for a study

HuntResearcher

May 13, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm a researcher doing a study about hunter preferences for habitat quality and site access.

We are especially looking for deer and turkey hunters to fill in the gaps in our knowledge. We surveyed about 1100 hunters in person during 2019-20, but COVID killed our spring turkey sampling that year, and the hot weather in fall 2019 meant we got a lot fewer deer hunters than we were hoping for, too. So I could really use your input.

This survey is online and takes about 15 minutes to do. There's $20 in it for you if you want to give us your name and mailing address for the payment. Or, you can skip the $20 and keep your info private. Either way, all data is kept confidential and we don't use it for any other purpose.

The research is aimed at understanding how upland hunters use wildlife areas that have been the subject of habitat restoration. Our focus is particular on the Sacramento and San Joaquin Valleys...Sac River and Feather River areas especially...but we'll take anyone who has hunted public lands in Northern California in the last 2 years. (18 or over only, please.)

If you'd like to help us out and have your views represented in the study, here are the links:

Click here for the $20-buck version:
bit.ly/HunterResearch20

Click here if you prefer to remain completely anonymous:
bit.ly/HunterResearch

Thanks! I'm happy to explain more about the research downthread if anyone has a question.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu