Need help... camping cot

DoubleTrouble

Sep 8, 2016
My son has a youth hunt coming up in AZ. We need two cots. Looking for cot recommendations. Right now I’m looking at the Coleman ComfortSmart. It’s 80”x 30” up to 300#. $70 each on Amazon.

3c422caed486f24302ee13753d0a9198.jpg

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I buy mine down at the military surplus for like $40 but I have to use a pad on them. I am sure those Coleman ones would be comfy. I think Walmart sells those Coleman all in one cots like that if you want to see them in person.
Cabelas also make some nice cots.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
The problem I had with cots was, when the temps. drop, unless you put at least a two inch mat on it you will have a big temp. difference because of the cold air under the cot. You may not think there would be any difference but there is. Something about being bundled up in your bag all warm except for the side against the cot. And I had quality sleeping bags, you will be uncomfortable. Otherwise any quality cot makes a good bed.

On the rare occasion im stuck without a Hyatt or Marriot around..i,ll bed down in the back of the truck with a 4inch foam pad...i put the knuckleheads on the ground with cheap Coleman bags and llet um figure it out..

There are several on FB Marketplace and Craigslist...

I'm with the others though, I'm either on the deck or in the back of my truck if I'm not in a bed.

Those cheap Coleman bags are nice!

Recently had to get one to be in 20's F with the boys scout troup. Aside from being all kindsa big since it was a regular style "glamping" sleeping bag, it was very warm and amply big enough for my wide shouldered self.

If you wanna make damn well sure you'll fall asleep?

Ambien... (Zolpidem Tartrate) 10mg

You're welcome.

Disclaimer: FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!! Don't take it until you are actually in the Bed and ready to sleep!!!

Personal note: There is no way in HELL you'd get me to take it if I was camping Solo. Nuh-uh. No way. But... if you are there with a buddy, I'd imagine it'd be one of the most deeply restful sleeps you've ever had. (No ear plugs needed)

Ambien makes people hallucinate... no bueno for internet forum posts... Ed F

Major Correction... It *can* make a *very small* percentage of the population experience auditory or visual hallucinations.

Doesn't for me.

Just like any other substance you've ever tried in your life... you give it a try in controlled environment first... see how it works for you, then proceed from there.

For me... for me... It's WAY in the f*ck better than using freaking Benadryl. (And certainly better than crankin' up the liver toxicity with alcohol. (Alcohol actually makes it hard for me to sleep, dunno why) Benadryl hangs around with the groggy feeling for a long time when I wake-up. There's none of that groggy stuff with the Ambien, for me.

Is it Genetic? This penchant (EDIT: you have) for having to be a D*ck like that?

Last edited:
Larry, Haldol may be a safe bet for long term use for your condition. Just a suggestion, always seek advice from a medical professional before starting,stopping or switching any and all medications though, as they could have side affects that may cause serious reactions.

Larry, Haldol may be a safe bet for long term use for your condition. Just a suggestion, always seek advice from a medical professional before starting,stopping or switching any and all medications though, as they could have side affects that may cause serious reactions.
Cool! Just googled it. Haha! I dunno though... the other voices didn't sound too happy about that. Hehe.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig and MJB

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu