Nevada!

Kellendv

Dec 26, 2013
More than any other state, putting in my Nevada app gets me fired up! Yes, in general tags are hard to come by.... but they have an awesome bonus point and draw system, and everyone has a chance. They manage for quality hunts and quality animals, and their application system is one of the best in my opinion. I really appreciate the bonus point system over preference points, every year it feels like you really have a chance to get something good. I wish you all luck in the draws!

Some of my best bucks have come from that state...I've only drawn twice..but man they have some dandy's!! Good luck dude!

More than any other state, putting in my Nevada app gets me fired up! Yes, in general tags are hard to come by.... but they have an awesome bonus point and draw system, and everyone has a chance. They manage for quality hunts and quality animals, and their application system is one of the best in my opinion. I really appreciate the bonus point system over preference points, every year it feels like you really have a chance to get something good. I wish you all luck in the draws!

@Truduct needs to read this!

Reactions: TRICER and Kellendv
Just got my apps in, also considering 88% public land it is a no-brainer for me!

Somebody say bird? All in!!

Reactions: NBK
Yes it is true I am going back to the promise land in the spring for a dove hunt. Don't know how I let myself get talked into these things. My shoulder hurts already! Hopefully we can hunt Pato's a day or two as well love those corn filled ponds.

@NBK I need to call you and tell you how Oregon draw saved my butt. AK got cancelled yesterday so we will be hunting deer in Hells Canyon First week of October and then going back for Bulls in the same unit the last week of October.

Yes it is true I am going back to the promise land in the spring for a dove hunt. Don't know how I let myself get talked into these things. My shoulder hurts already! Hopefully we can hunt Pato's a day or two as well love those corn filled ponds.

@NBK I need to call you and tell you how Oregon draw saved my butt. AK got cancelled yesterday so we will be hunting deer in Hells Canyon First week of October and then going back for Bulls in the same unit the last week of October.

Do tell @Truduct

I'm a bit disappointed... they cut elk tags in half in the unit I'm applying for. I drew this tag 4 years ago and returned it because I had a strip tag. I may never see it again... Ed F

I'm a bit disappointed... they cut elk tags in half in the unit I'm applying for. I drew this tag 4 years ago and returned it because I had a strip tag. I may never see it again... Ed F
Dang that’s a heart break! How did the strip tag pan out ?

I am bummed utah results did not come out prior to nevada deadline. I swung for the fences in nevada thinking I would for sure draw my Utah general tag. I ended up with no Utah tag and more than likely no nevada tag trying to play it safe and only draw 1 out of state tag.

Yeah… just more sadness over here. If Colorado doesn’t come through I might have to cash in my Cali points or find something in AZ…

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu