New Bird Hunter in San Diego area... Help?

nedster

Sep 9, 2020
San Diego
Hey everybody, I'm Nick. Lived in San Diego for 6ish years and just took up bird hunting. Do any of you have leads on any blm land, etc. in the San Diego area to hike a bit and hunt quail dove etc? I'M NOT LOOKING FOR YOUR HONEY HOLE, JUST A GENERAL AREA! Thank you in advanced!

Honestly I see and hear nearly every time I’m out. I don’t know how often you get out to hike around but they are all over.

IV is your best bet, and just sit and listen, pull up you tube and listen to quail calling. then go out listen that's how you find them , onxhunt is valuable tool

Yeah bro I agree with clarson, I've seen literally hundreds (if not thousands) of Quail while deer hunting nearly every day I go out. When u sit and stay quiet for a while, they start making a lot of noise. Also, they like to walk trails just like lazy hunters. Check out blm or cnf near warner springs. Got another spot further south that has a bunch, but I'm not gonna post that here. I decided to start hunting Quail simply because of how many I've seen (without looking for them) the last couple of years.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu